USB Flash drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
I am having an issue a 16Gb Cruzer flash drive, in that I cannot see in My Computer to access (or scan for viruses etc.), although it makes sounds on insertion, and repeats another immediately as it self ejects.
I have tried on 2 XP PCs.
Note: that I had previously found and eliminated a trojan from this, but this now seems to be a different problem.

Please help..

If that's, r/click on My Computer, select manage, then storage, & then Disk management....then it is not seen.
And as I implied it would not be likely as I have tried to state that it is making two sounds, the first for insertion & detection, the next v. soon after for (self) ejection.

Try plugging it onot one of your friend's computers, hopefully upgraded from XP, see if it works. If not, I fear it is gone.

Gone...I've hardly had/used it!! Can I return to retailer/manufacturer?
Why might it have gone....the PC is obviously detecting it?
I will try 2moro on work PC (XP, and/or parents PC (Vista), which it last worked in a few days ago.

Ah, I see. Warranties work different over there; over here the warranty is the responsibility of the place you bought it from. Which is why retailers have to give us money when Sony removes features from the PS3 :p

Ah, I see. Warranties work different over there; over here the warranty is the responsibility of the place you bought it from. Which is why retailers have to give us money when Sony removes features from the PS3 :p

Yep. E.G if you buy a hard drive from a UK retailer usually if the manufacturer offers a 5 year warranty, the first year is with the retailer then the remaining four is with the manufacturer, however if there are problems sending it back to the manufacturer the retailer is able to help you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom