8 Port HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
im going to have a lan party and i was wondering if u guys could recommend a 8 port hub, preferably under $20. thanks

also for the lan party, all i would need to do is connect each computer to the hub?

Just look on newegg.com for an 8-port hub. I'm sure that there is at least one there for under $20.
And yes, you'd have to connect each computer/laptop to the hub.

This isn't the most popular brand out, but I am sure it will get the job done.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-201-202&depa=0

also for the lan party, all i would need to do is connect each computer to the hub?

Just make sure that the Switch is auto assigning the IP Addresses, and that your all on the same workgroup, and you should be fine. I don't think you even need to be on the same workgroup unless your doing file transfers.

If you can find them, try ST LAB BRAND. They have some really cheap 8xPort Switch at would work out to what your budget is.

I got one on my network at home, and I am happy with them. And they are cheap enough that i can keep an extra lying around for when I do have a LAN party.

I would sell to you, but I think the FED-EX charges to the states will be a killer for such a small item.

ok new question. i have a router and a hub. if i connect the router to the internet, the 5 port hub to the router, and plug ethernet in all the remaining ports of the router and hub, will that work and will everyone be able to have internet access?

ok i have a router and hub, 5 ports each. if i connect the router to internet, hub to the router, and ethernet from the pc's to the rest of the ports on both the router AND the hub, will that work? also will all the computers connected to the hub and roiuter have internet access?

thanks

actually those are 4 ports..each unit has 1 input and 4 outputs...but i do have a 24 port hub id be willing to get rid of,its an HP AdvanceStack HP J2601A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom