m.tech-forums?

Sadly the problem with those types of things is they DESTROY topic titles. I know of a site that is on Tapatalk and there is not a single topic that has a title anymore, it is all a bunch of numbers so that it can be viewed on a cell phone. That defeats the purpose and will negate the use of Topic Titles. It will also make it much more difficult for users on the main site to see or know what is going on. Sorry but we cant have that. If you want to see what i am talking about just visit this site:

TheTechArea.com

all but dead now, but as you can see not a single topic title is anything but numbers. We cant have that kinda confusion here.

Mak would you mind elaborating on what exactly is being changed to numbers? I looked at the site you posted and couldn't find anything out of place. I went ahead and looked at XDA as well since they use tapatalk and the only difference I noticed is that the thread name is not displayed in part of the URL. Is that what you are referring to?

It isnt when you view the site as a guest. It only happens when your logged in.

tapatalk.png

Notice how all the last posts are nothing but numbes, this will cause confusion to members. They will not know what the last thread posted in will be. They will only see numbers instead of the topic titles. As a guest you still see the original topic titles like this:

tapatalk2.png

Yes it may only be the date, but that still can cause confusion to many. Not knowing when the topic was posted or when the last response was can be a problem.

Ah, that explains why I didn't see it there. Are you sure it's not a problem specific to their forum though? I was logged into XDA Developers when I took this screenshot and everything is how it should be.

xdaexample2.jpg

I dont know if it is site specific or not. But it isnt something that we can take a chance over.

I can understand that. But we cant take that chance. That would mean we would have to backup our current database, not have a single post cause if the issue gets replicated, then any post made would be lost when we restored the database.

So as i already said it isnt a chance we can take. Larry would never go for it. He would rather take the time to come up with a way to do it himself, even if it took 12 years.

I know. Believe me i cant tell you the number of times i have griped about it. I wish i could check teh site from my phone. Would give me something to do with my hour lunches that i have nothing to do on. So i fully understand where people are coming from. but i dont want to jump to another "service" to provide members with access to the site when it isnt what the owner wants and we might be able to find a way to do it ourselves.

I can understand that. But we cant take that chance. That would mean we would have to backup our current database, not have a single post cause if the issue gets replicated, then any post made would be lost when we restored the database.

So as i already said it isnt a chance we can take. Larry would never go for it. He would rather take the time to come up with a way to do it himself, even if it took 12 years.

Isn't this what our test site is kind of for...?

Back
Top Bottom