Too many removable disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
My fathers vista PC has 4-5 "removable disks" seen in My Computer....this is highly annoying and confusing when inserting a USB flash drive, as you do not know which it is to access, and same to eject when finishing, especially as the flash drive does not always go to last on list!!!

I believe these spare "removable disks" are the card readers, which are rarely used, can they be better permanently renamed easily (no deleted), if so please provide instruction?

Go to Control Panel> System and Security> Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Storage> Disk Management

Now you can right click on a drive and select Properties. Go to the Tab labeled General and at the top you will see a box in which you can name the drive. After you name the drive click Apply and then click OK.

Using the image below I've renamed the drive I use for my page file, Page File.

renamedrive.jpg

The card slots removable disks do not show up in that upper view, only the one below, and changing name is not accessible here!

Actually, think I have just cracked it, in My Computer it has let me r/click and change the name from REMOVABLE DISK to CARD SLOT1 etc., so hope that stays after re-boot, drive letter remains. Though I would have preferred to hide them totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom