gurusan's build log (fall 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Ok so I sold my old setup prior to moving back to the States, and have been using my laptop in the meantime. Now I'm ready to start a new build. The theme is simply orange and black, and the specifics of the system aren't 100% (they will depend on black friday sales :D ), but the general idea is as follows:

i7 920/930
6gb ram
barts xt or cayman, unless NV releases something tasty soon
SSD os drive
watercooled

Parts I already have are the case (Xigmatek Utgard Window), and power supply (XFX 650W xxx edition).

So I've started with just some organization of cables. I braided several so that I can use less sleeving.
0000003va.jpg

I plan to put a 140x2 rad in here, the black ice GTS 280 is the only one I've found that fits.
0000005s.jpg

And here's the back of the mobo tray....I'm really impressed with the cable holes and with how easy this case is to work on, and the black interior is just awesome. For 69 bucks it's a bargain.
0000007o.jpg

hm, i think i'm gonna have to bite off you on the braiding, it's simple but it works.

did you change the psu fan or is that like another version of the psu? i thought all xfx psus came with that green fan.

lookin good so far :thumbsup:

I like a man who isnt afraid to take his case apart to get some cable management done.

Also, XFX recently started releasing PSUs with a black fan instead of green. This isnt themed because of Halloween is it lol?

Way into it! I especially like the square cut out on the bottom of the mobo tray for the PSU cables to go through.

I'm sure you've already noticed, but Newegg has started their "Black November" sales.

Never thought of braiding those before to neatly use only one sleeve over them, good idea :). Think it's going to look pretty cool man!

Just curious, why is your PSU fan facing upwards, Don't they normally go the other way round, or is that how you're having it? nice by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom