Can I support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiKensei

Beta member
Hey, i was going to buy a new graphic cause mine really is from the stone ages and cant run anything

I have a:

Pentium4 3.00GHz (HyperTethering)
1.25GB Ram DDR400
System Bus Speed 800MHz
System Memory Speed 400MHz
ATI Redeaon 9250 128MB 64bit
1 AGP Slot
4 Pci Slots

i was planning on buying this Card

XFX nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256 MB AGP Video Graphics Card - eBay (item 130418892444 end time Nov-06-10 09:05:23 PDT)

can anyone tell me if i can or can not support card and if i cant why not?

thx in advance =]

You can, but it's going to make so little difference that it's really not worth buying it, or anything else to upgrade that system. Your best option would be to save up for something new.

your whole system is from the stone ages, not just the gfx card.

i'm with Yami, just start saving up for something better. the money that you spend to keep that old rig running is just money that you could have put towards a new build.

Yah i know :S my computer is stone age, but im 15 no part time job, and perents don't want to buy me new PC they say its good this one, and i only got 60$, and my graphic card doesnt support Shader 2.0 and almost all games now require that

thx all

I agree, the monetary confines of youth can be infuriating. It's true that all of the components ought to be bought together, but there are many advantages of buying them as you get the money. Most importantly for teens like you and me, the instant gratification helps overcome the challenge of saving up $500 for a decent PC. It also makes the final product seem less expensive, and thus makes the task of saving up seem less daunting. The practical advantage is that it allows us to take advantage of sales more readily. I suggest buying a case/PSU first, and then set it on your desk to remind you of what you're saving up for. You can easily fetch a case/PSU combo on Newegg for $60 or less.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing with this pc but without an upgrade similar to patonb's you aren't going to be doing much past surfing the web and word processing.

Don't buy a 6200. I have an old bfg and it blows.

I actually love redfish's idea. Buy yourself a motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom