Need opinions on my compter I'm building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's onboard graphics are decent for most things, even low powered gaming (like Plants vs Zombies and other casual games, as well as older gaming titles). My mother-in-law plays all kinds of casual games on her 4200 onboard.

What he was trying to say is, you paid extra, for a pre-overclocked graphics card, you could have bought the same one, with out the overclock for a lower price, and overclock it your self.

What he was trying to say is, you paid extra, for a pre-overclocked graphics card, you could have bought the same one, with out the overclock for a lower price, and overclock it your self.

Not if you have NO idea on how to OC...lol I am a complete noob to building computers.

Thats why guys like us on forums like these can help you with OCing your new hardware when your comfortable. Also there are lots of guides here and online which lead you in the right direction to get started.

this is cheaper and MUCH faster than hat you have listed.

feel free to change around the case and Hard drive to what you like/need. but this rig has AMDs newest graphics card in it, the Radeon 6870 and AMDs fastest quad core processor. this will SMOKE your build, better and faster for cheaper, thats the name of the game ;)

Case + HDD: $115
NZXT M59 + WD 1TB hdd
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Mother Board + CPU: $290
MSI NF980-G65 + AMD 965
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Graphics card: $240
AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 6870
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Power Supply + RAM: $220
Corsair 750 W + 4 gig Gskill 1600

DVD Burner: $20
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache EIDE/ATAPI 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Total: $885 before tax ( if applicable ) and shipping

WOW...I've been doing some research about the mobo you recommend. You honestly think that that mobo is better then the Asus M4A79XTD I bought? The one you picked is NOT USB 3.0 or SATAII or not able to be updated to the AMD x6 processor.

WOW...I've been doing some research about the mobo you recommend. You honestly think that that mobo is better then the Asus M4A79XTD I bought? The one you picked is NOT USB 3.0 or SATAII or not able to be updated to the AMD x6 processor.

ill be honest, im drunk right now.

but you are going to call me out like that and basically call me an idiot, heres my reply.

number one: how many things do you have that use usb 3.0? .... none
number two: how many things do you have that use SATAII? .... none
number three: do you have an AMD x6 processor? ..... no
number four: the mother board i suggested has the most up to date 980a AMD chipset whereas your board has an old 79 chipset
number five: your mother board only has two PCI express slots, the one i suggested has three
number six: your mother board only supports ram speeds up to 1800, the one i suggested can support ram speeds of up to 2133
number seven: the mother board i suggested has an on board graphics card, yours doesnt, so if your graphics card takes a crap on you, guess what, you are S.O.L
number eight: with the latest bios update, the board i suggested can support AMD x6 processors

obviously you didn't do very good research.

with all that said, i " honestly " do believe the mother board i suggested is better than the one you have.

Not taking sides here, but the 980a chipset is junk in performance compared to the 790FX on newer boards and you wont be seeing an AMD on air support RAM up to 2133. Marketing ploy ;) (I reviewed the board BTW as well as its Asus brother). Not to mention the heat the Nvidia chipsets put out are incredible, and nobody in this thread is talking about using Nvidia tri-sli so it renders it useless.

One thing you do have him on is the Asus Evo board mentioned in the OP drops to dual 8x in Crossfire for some reason :confused: But since were talking one card here it wont really make a difference.

But why hasent anybody called out the fact of why would you need 6GB of RAM on an AMD rig also put in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom