Cooling Fan Arrangment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
I was wondering how I would arrange these fans, AND[/] which direction I should be directing them. I am not sure about which way the fan heatsink blows either.

Anyways here is what I need to install:

2 x 80mm front fans
1 x 80mm side fan (almost directly alligned with heatsink)
2 x 80mm rear fans
1 x 120mm top fan

Thanks for any help, I'am very worried about cooling.

well...i think that the front 2 should be intake..the side i would guess is up to you...i owuld make it exhaust...same with the rear fans...and make the blow hole intake...thats just waht i would do..

I would suggest something different. Have the front two as intake, the rear two as exaust, the top one as exaust, and the side one as intake. Its a good idea to have cool air coming in on your cpu and mb.

Regardless of the case conconfiguration, i like to promote the following idea for air flow

1. FRONT to BACK
followed by
2. HOT AIR only goes up.

If you have a side panel fan on top of your CPU, i prefer to have that blowing cool air in.

And finally with your intake fans, some sort of filter to reduce dust from coming in. Even if it's only a sponge phome, or some kitchen cleaning cloth. (Looks ugly, but beats having lots of dust in your PC)

AND_YOU_ARE said:
the rear two as exaust, the top one as exaust,

I have been thinking the same thing myself about putting a Case Fan on the top of my Tower. Over all it would be better, but the only thing that is stopping me is that i do use the top of my full tower to put things on.

I will see how the up coming summer plays out down here first. I am trying to keep my PC about :-
CASE TEMP :- about 10c hotter that surrounding air.
CPU TEMP :- no more that 15c - 20c hotter that surronding air.

I will confess if I get another on of those 50c days this summer, i will be taking off my side panel (however I think I would rather having my computer off and myself in my pool instead)

A top fan for a blower purpose helps. My cooler master case has one, and its flush to the top of the case. I have stuff behind it and infront of it, it helps to cool my pc down. I take the filters off the fans that are exaust to speed up air flow. but jus tplace it between your ps and drives, it should be fine.

In the summer is when you get an airconditioner and use plastice bags to seal it off to your side pannel.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
In the summer is when you get an airconditioner and use plastice bags to seal it off to your side pannel.
I would most likely have the A/C facing ME and PC if it gettng that hot.

During a 50c HEAT WAVE, i would want to cool down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom