Alienware aurora and a few minor noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tax thing is still confusing me look

Newegg charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax for any order shipping to California, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to California and Tennessee are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

Is that the only states that apply? I live in PA, thats why Im wondering.

Also what is the matter with Cathodes? I think they look really cool and there alot brighter along with cheaper.

they produce heat, they dont last as long, they need a inverter which takes up space, they are messy... LEDs solve all those things.

what i do is every fan in my case has 4 blue LEDs in it. here is the inside of my computer:

side-2.jpg

I have a combination in my PC. I've got three blue LED fans, a blue cold cathode, and a UV cold cathode. I went with the cold cathodes because I really wanted the UV effect in my PC, and all of the comparable LED modules that I saw were just purple. I can say that I am pleased with the UV- it makes anything white or uv-reactive really light up even through the side window. I suggest a combo. You need fans anyways, why not make them LED? The UV is just the icing on the cake.

What size fans do you need?

The LED fans should be enough, but try to fill all of the fan slots available. This way, you get better ventilation and plenty of light. The UV is just an added touch- it really looks cool, makes everything light up in the case. The fan I posted is superb- low noise, moves plenty of air, and has red LEDs. I can't seem to find any replacement 230mm fans for the side and top, so you may be stuck there. Using HSF's with red LEDs can also help.
If you're using an aftermarket HSF for the CPU, the fan usually is a standard size that can be replaced by one with red LEDs.

The tax thing is still confusing me look

Newegg charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax for any order shipping to California, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to California and Tennessee are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

Is that the only states that apply? I live in PA, thats why Im wondering.

Yes, CA, NJ, and TN are the only states that will apply sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom