Soundcard not being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was fed up with the awful interference i got with my speakers on, (it makes a noise when i move my mouse) so in an attempt to fix the problem i went into bios and turned off Azalia audio codec, Parallel port and Serial Port 1. (I was turning off random ports that could be causing interference, you never know) but after rebooting my soundcard was not detected, i rebooted and the ports and audio codec back on, and changed the PCI slot the sound card is in but windows still will not detect it. I've checked in control panel and it's not even there.

Any ideas ?

A mouse wouldn't cause interference.

It could just be bad. Try taking it out, boot up your system, shut down, put card in, and boot again, see if anything changes. Is anything showing in device manager?

Well, no, it's whenever the GPU has to do something i can hear the noise. The more it does, the more i can hear. Moving my mouse cursor causes the GPU to have to render it's movement, making a slight noise. Run something like a game and the noise is much louder.

Nope nothing in device manager. I've tried scanning for hardware changes, too.

Well what is it then ?

It is not an opinion it is actual fact, the more thats happening on the screen the more interference i can hear. There is a little beep of interference for every letter i type. And if i run a GPU stress test, well it's aweful, i have to turn my speakers off.

I was using a EMU 404 Studio level soundcard as i run powered monitor speakers.

Not trying to sound mean but maybe your monitor with the integrated speakers could be at fault.
Try this, go right back into bios set everything back to default, then, I want you to atleast find some seperate speaker and try them out.
I know your england right, and your busy, why not go into a small a electronics department store and pick up some small speakers for 15.00 US.
Oh convert that to your currency I don't know if you pay in euro's or pounds. ;)

I don't think he means speakers in the screen, some professional level speakers are called monitor speakers and have very good sound accuracy. Using onboard sound I have experienced the same issue, when the GPU does anything (folding especially) it uses a lot of current which creates a large amount of magnetic interference. I noticed that running the front panel audio cord across the GPU introduced a very loud buzzing noise but if I re-routed it around the top of the case the noise was significantly less, still pretty bad though. The problem doesn't happen through the rear audio ports, maybe due to the metal case absorbing the interference. My laptop also has this issue, even the CD drive checking if there is a disc can make interfering noise.

Try putting your sound card in a slot farther away from the GPU, having those two devices close together can cause interference, I would think being in the same plane (the cards being parallel to each other) could also have an effect.

Thanks, i will give that a try when i get the soundcard working again, as remember, that is my actual problem :p

Not trying to sound mean but maybe your monitor with the integrated speakers could be at fault.
Try this, go right back into bios set everything back to default, then, I want you to atleast find some seperate speaker and try them out.
I know your england right, and your busy, why not go into a small a electronics department store and pick up some small speakers for 15.00 US.
Oh convert that to your currency I don't know if you pay in euro's or pounds. ;)

Lol, the kind of monitors im on about are professional speakers worth a lot more than $15

What ? I thought his computer speakers were internally attached to the monitor, I've seen a couple of those just recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom