Need opinions on my compter I'm building

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoroff

Baseband Member
Hello, I'm new to building computers so I don't know a lot of stuff yet or what's good or bad to buy. This is what I have on order, from Newegg.com, for my new system and I need opinions on the parts I have selected.

mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
RAM: gskill 6 gig ram
PSU: Silverstone 750w
Processor: AMD 965 x4 3.4mhz (black edition)
Video card: gigabyte ATI Radeon 5770 (over clocked version)
Case: Coolermaster 922M
Sony dvd Rom drive
1.5 TB hard drive

I will be running windows 7 (64 bit). I will be using the system for gaming mostly and have about $1000-$1100 to spend, which is why I didn't opt for the AMD X6 processor line or Intel chip lineup.

Is this a good starting system that will give me room for expansion in the future?

this is cheaper and MUCH faster than hat you have listed.

feel free to change around the case and Hard drive to what you like/need. but this rig has AMDs newest graphics card in it, the Radeon 6870 and AMDs fastest quad core processor. this will SMOKE your build, better and faster for cheaper, thats the name of the game ;)

Case + HDD: $115
NZXT M59 + WD 1TB hdd
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Mother Board + CPU: $290
MSI NF980-G65 + AMD 965
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Graphics card: $240
AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 6870
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Power Supply + RAM: $220
Corsair 750 W + 4 gig Gskill 1600

DVD Burner: $20
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache EIDE/ATAPI 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Total: $885 before tax ( if applicable ) and shipping

Ok thanks but now I wish I found this forum BEFORE I ordered parts! SO how would you rate the motherboard I chose...good..pretty good...fair or bad? Is Silverstone a good brand for the PSU? Will I still be happy with what I picked?

ASUS is a solid brand, hard to go wrong with them. It's all about your budget and what you need out of the motherboard really. If you weren't looking for Crossfire and just wanted one to overclock with, you could have saved a few bucks. Silverstone isn't a bad company to go with for a power supply, but I'd suggest a Corsair or PC Power & Cooling over any other PSU manufacturers. It's my understanding a 6870 is between a 5850 and a 5870, so you would have been better off going that route.

It's my understanding a 6870 is between a 5850 and a 5870, so you would have been better off going that route.

I must have been misinformed then cause I was always under the impression that integrated graphics where no good. When I was looking for video cards, I was told to go with Radeon instead if Gforce cards for gaming. The 5870 and 5890 were out of my budget. I wish I would have known this info before I ordered.

integrated graphics..? whaaa, these are dedicated physical separate graphics cards. but you are right, inegrated graphics are no good... pretty much the only thing id use integrated graphics for is like a word document, anything more than that id opt for a dedicated card.

im sorry to hear that you spent your money already, i thought you were asking for help on a build list... thats kinda sucky that the build i listed is more than $200 cheaper and it would smoke yours :/

and @ The0tis, you are right, the 6870 is faster than the 5850, but not as fast as the 5870...

Crysis_02.png

@zoroff- AMD and Nvidia make integrated as well as discrete graphics solutions, we're only talking about the latter. They're both good companies, it's really about who makes the best bang for the buck card at the moment you're building/buying a computer.

@zoroff- AMD and Nvidia make integrated as well as dedicated graphics solutions, we're only talking about the latter. They're both good companies, it's really about who makes the best bang for the buck card at the moment you're building/buying a computer.

fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom