Keep the 5770 and Crossfire or GTX 460

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i decided to ditch my vapor-x 5770 even though it looks sexy, for the GTX 460 1gb they have it on sale at my local store for 219 EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1024MB (01G-P3-1372-TR) nVidia GeForce GTX 460 Chipset (763Mhz) 1024MB (3800Mhz) GDDR5 Dual Dual-Link DVI/Mini HDMI PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card | Canada Computers (is this a good model of the 460???)

There is also this one http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=032936

i dont know if theres a huge difference in the clocks but the other one i dont gotta mess around with Mail in rebate and its 5$ cheaper. what should i go for

so i calculated everything and there's exactly a 50$ difference. i am going to do it unless you guys say other wise.

Well i went with the cheapest one, and i can say that i like it. i never had experiance with Nvidia so im new to the block. As there anything i should know as far as tips go for the 460? i heard some people talk about overclock, is that a wise thing to do in my situation. i used to do it with ATI and my card never died on me, but i had a after market heatsink... how will this one do with overclocking?

Thanks for all the help guys

The stock coolers on most all reference 400 series cards are great. I clock my 465 up pretty high. If your not afraid to, i suggest taking the cooler off and replacing their mass amounts of gunk with some real TIM for best cooling. As long as you dont tear anything up it wont void the warranty.

well i got some stuff that came with my Cooler master V6 that i used for the cpu, i dont know if its any good, or should i buy some good stuff? oh and whats the best way to overclock the card, i heard some people speak of MSI afterburner or perhaps the stock nvidia tools that come with the card. I got this other tool called "EVGA OC Scanner" is that any good?

Thanks allot guys your a huge help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom