CPU ripoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
i have an xfx kt400, and an AMD athlon XP2800+ 333FSB with barton core, and even tho the processor should run at 2.08 ghz it is running and 1.2 ghz, i am using 333DDR RAM from infineon, for some reason the FSB is running at 100mhz, how can i fix this, and what may have caused the problem?

thanks in advance everyone

You can increase its clock speed by raising its FSB and multiplier in your BIOS. Please read the overclocking post on top of this forum first and wait for other responses on your question.

Did you just switch out the mobo or something? Because it sounds like simply your BIOS options defaulted back to stock options. They do this so your CPU doesn't burn out. You should be running at like 12x166 - 2.0GHz and it sounds like right now (like I said) your computer BIOS has defaulted to it's stock options like the CMOS was cleared so it's running at 12x100 - 1.2GHz. Change the FSB from 100 to 166 and you should be fine.

but inthe FSB part of my mobo the highest i can set to is 132, and it gives me some problems even at that speed like it is unstable, wtf is wrong?

look at this link:

http://www.gamingillustrated.com/xfxkt400.php

specifically where he talks about this:

The product installation manual was clear and concise with the exception of explaining that Jumper15 factory default was ON (causing a FSB speed of 200MHz versus 266MHz – this resulted in some initial confusion on why the 2100+ speed was around 1400, until the JUMPER was removed and speed returned to normal – see discussion below).

you need to change your fsb(external clock to 166 and the multi should be at 12.5 then you will hae your desired speed,if this is a newish 2800 barton your multi will already be at 12.5 so just up the fsb

mlr.....look at what he said...he can't go past 132 without his system rebooting or not booting at all...so theres probably a jumper on the board which is what the link I put on there describes for that board

thanks yet again for the amazing help you all provide, especially nubius :), thanks alot everyone. this is truly a kickass forum.

-Leonidas

-edit: the computer is running at 2800+ speeds now and i am planning on seeing how far i can overclock before my 2400+ xp-m arrives. also looking into buying the nfs-7 or whatever the name of it is, then overclocking en extremus... thanks again for all the help guys

you want the NF7-S v2 not the NF7-S2 or NF7-S2G no specifically look for NF7-S v2 it should specifically says NF7-S revision 2 because there is also a revision 1. (this fux'd me up when I flashed my BIOS because the file said WORKS FOR ALL NF7-S series! but they didnt say it was for revision 1 and not 2 soooo needless to say bad flash = had to buy spare BIOS chip) But yeah NF7-S v2 is the board you want....has great overclockability and if you need help overclocking that chip I can help you. I got the NF7-S v2 and the 35w 2400+ XP-M at 2.7GHz vcore 2.05 but don't expect to get that necessarily. I have a good stepping and REAL good air cooling. Make sure before you put in the processor you get the numbers off the sticker on the CPU itself so we know what stepping you got and stuff :D

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-166&depa=1

Thars the board you want to make sure you get...see how under model it says V2 thats exactly what you want. Version 1 is buggy...hence why they made 2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom