COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to change the cpu, it needs to be am3.

for the same price i'd probably get this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

also, i would be very tempted to spend around $10-15 more on this faster gfx card
Newegg.com - Galaxy 60XMH6HS3HMW GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) GC 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
after rebate, it would end up costing only like $7 more.

Ok updated new cpu: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 740 Black Edition Heka 3.0GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor HDZ740WFK3DGI - Processors - Desktops

Due to budget, I don't want to go over $100 right now on the cpu, with the MB, I'll be able to upgrade later.

MuffinMan, That RAM looks taller than the other, will that be a problem with the MB and the Fan(coolermaster hyper212+)??

Thanks, I just got through with a new build for my daughter, and the next day when we come home, I think the PS and MB fried on our computer. Its an old P4 so I'm going to try and rebuild on a budget, with the $$ going into the GPU.

Thanks, this site really is great to those of us who know just enough to get ourselves in a bind. :)

odie072

I happen to have that case and heatsink! Fits just fine. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the Antec 300. I might think about another power supply though. Antec PSUs have historically been fine, but a local computer store said they've had a 25% failure rate with them lately. I'd suggest this, Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-600CX 600W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply . Not suggesting it because I'm bias, only because they're known to be a good brand and it has a 40A rail.

Just wanted to say thanks again. Got it built last nite, and with one exception it went great. Formatted hard drive, and loaded xp, no problems. When I put the Motherboard disk in nothing, wouldn't even recognize it. Got on my laptop, went to Gigabyte's site and downloaded the Ethernet driver, loaded and my internet started working. Tried to download some other drivers, but nothing. I loaded my AVG disk and updated with no problem. My wife got up this morning and loaded some of her games, with only one disk out of six that wouldn't recognize. Hmmmm, now I've got two disk that won't load. I got an old dvd drive out of storage, hooked it up and PRESTO! Got the motherboard drivers loaded, her disk worked and this is from a 6 yr old dvd reader(not writer). Soo, I guess I'll get a new DVD drive.

Any suggestions on a good DVD drive??

Thanks again, ya'll have helped greatly, and this new system is a burner, compared to the old P4 3.0!!

odie072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom