Nothing displayed on monitor on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginmardo

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I really don't know why this keeps happening to me, but this is the second display issue I encountered since the last time I had to post Q's on forums.

I wanted to install Windows XP Pro SP3 onto my little cousin's fairly old PC but encountered a difficulty. I hooked up her PC to my monitor and everything else that goes with it, but could not get anything displayed on the monitor. I don't even get POST message displayed to enter BIOS to load Windows OS. The monitor and PC is connected using VGA/D-Sub cable. I cannot fly blind so I took the HDD and mounted that onto my desktop and installed WinXP from there. I placed her HDD back into her PC, hooked up the cables and fired it up... No signal, no display, black screen. The monitor went to Sleep mode.

Why cant I get anything displayed on the monitor?

Specs:
-Intel Celeron CPU
-Markvision DDR333 512MB RAM
-300Watt PSU
-Biostar U8668-D motherboard
-40GB HDD
-Mitsumi 2.5" FDD
-DVD burner
-CD-Rom

My Specs:
-AMD Phenom II 550 Callisto 3.0GHz CPU
-ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 motherboard
-Hitachi Deskstar 500GB HDD
-Markvision DDR2 Single channel 2GB RAM
-MSI DVD burner
-Coolermaster 600Watt PSU

Monitor: AOC 22" LCD

You cannot load an OS on some other computer and transfer the HDD.

Are you sure that monitor works? Did you connect it to your own computer?

Did you get any beeps from the computer, fans turn on?

I Just read you your post and you said you didn't get any post messages right ?
That would also lead me to believe the mobo is not posting, to be sure of that take out the ram and see what hapens.
If it does not do a long beep then your cpu or her cpu maybe gone if it does that check the video card and replace it and use another memoru stick.

I'm sure this was a mistype, but "memoru"? :lol:

Even if it didn't show up on the screen, it could still POST without you seeing it.

Resetting the BIOS might be another idea.

The fans turn on, but I hear no beeps. I don't even know if the speaker is working OK. The monitor works: later on last night I took a break from it all, 'cause it was getting late and I had to go to bed. Before doing doing so, I connected the monitor back on to my PC and everything was functioning normally. My desktop seems to be running but my cousins PC cant seem to deliver any display. As far as installing Windows OS on a HDD and then mounting it on a different system concerns... I should look into that :)

Nope, no POST messages displayed. If anything nothing but a black screen. Yeah, I kinda figured that the mobo isn't posting at all. Yeah, I should follow the steps to see if its really the mobo that's been shot up to heaven. I'll check it later on today if its a memory module issue. No video card present, just on-board I believe.

Update:

You're not gonna believe it but I think that there just might be something wrong with the motherboard perhaps...? The PC starts, displays nothing, doesn't even beep when I removed the memory card. First indication I get is that the system starts and restarts on its own. By the looks of the lights blinking, the HDD and the optical drives whirring, it seems to me that the system restarts constantly on its own. Motherboard issue?? Everything seems to be fine. The PSU works, the RAM sticks and HDD are all fine. Haven't checked the FDD. I guess that is has to be the motherboard...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom