Alienware aurora and a few minor noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Im going to have to go with the Alienware. I need windows 7 and as I said before I want solid ground to stand on. But which version should I go with p55 i3 or x58 i7?

/sigh

And another sap ignores perfectly sound advice and wastes his money. If i had a buck for every time this happened...

Well i ended up doing that, then after a week returned my Dell and built my own, now im addicted to adding things to it.

He doesn't know how much fun he will be missing out on

off topic: how do i change avatar, i cant seem to find the option to upload my own

Heres a little comparison on the memory note: DDR3 vs. DDR2. Is It Worth The Upgrade? , plus with i7's and AM3 you have no choice you have to get DDR3. and as far as USB 3.0 goes, it will be more practical down the road, it hasn't been implemented too much yet.

Just a picky thing... I've seen DDR2 run as fast as 1600Mhz. That chart doesn't reflect that. Heck mine runs at 1066, and that's not even trying.

not sure what services you folks over in America have but do no sites like newegg offer to build the computer from the components in your online shopping basket? We have a few that do, most charge around £50($78) and that generally includes installing the OS(if you bought one) and basic drivers. I mean it's an added expense, but I imagine that sort of price is much cheaper then an Alienware or other gaming PC building sites.

without having to worry too much.

But here's what the kicker is...

IT'S THE LEAST WORRISOME THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

As posted earlier by Slay there is a step by step guide, watch it. Ask any experienced member in here, and they will tell you building and upgrading is like meditating. It's easier and funner than you think and it will give you a sense of accomplishment...
ALL WHILE SAVING YOU MONEY!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom