Computer unexpectedly restarts itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
9400 is a mid-grade card. It is within requirements, but not strong enough to run multiple games at once.

I'd look at your GFX temperatures.

Was the heatsink loose when you inspected the computer, I'm not sure if that's what you mean here:
Because if that's the case you should remount the heatsink with some new thermal paste.

I meant that the fan was completely not where it was supposed to be... the heatsink parts were not even close to touching eachother.

Friend said the heatsink is good... I have plenty of it on there he said.

9400 is a mid-grade card. It is within requirements, but not strong enough to run multiple games at once.

I'd look at your GFX temperatures.

IDK I would think that a 1 GB card would be able to handle a 128 MB requirement plus another program that takes even less that that. I mean heck the card should still have over 700 MB left to use before it gives out.

I meant that the fan was completely not where it was supposed to be... the heatsink parts were not even close to touching eachother.

Friend said the heatsink is good... I have plenty of it on there he said.

A lot is not always good. You need a thin layer.

IDK I would think that a 1 GB card would be able to handle a 128 MB requirement plus another program that takes even less that that. I mean heck the card should still have over 700 MB left to use before it gives out.

128 required is the least it will use on low settings. Running it on ultimate will use quite more than that.

A lot is not always good. You need a thin layer.

128 required is the least it will use on low settings. Running it on ultimate will use quite more than that.

I will look into adding more heatsink... not sure if I need to, but hey if it might solve my issue why the heck not LOL... The computer doesn't seem to be overheating though... at least the bios say it's not... then again they said that when my fan was loose *couldn't see em when it was completely dislocated* (Go Figure -.-)

It's definately not graphics card issues... my computer JUST NOW restarted on me while running internet explorer and itunes and nothing else. If adding more heatsink doesn't fix the issue, then IDK what the problem would be... unless I need to upgrade to a better fan due to my computers upgrades, but only reason that I might need to do that would be because of higher power supply... and IDK if the higher power supply even affects the effects of the fan on anything, causing the need to upgrade it ;-/.

So I talked to my step-uncle who's been building computers since the 80's he said that even though my graphics card only requires 300 watts the 430 watt power supply isn't enough, because of all of the other components in my computer and that's the issue with the computer restarting... any input on that? Valid? Not Valid?

I have a 500 Watt power supply now... and still same issues.

I think I'm having blue screen errors... any way to check to see if that's what's causing it... and if so what driver it is?

Not a huge deal... I'm going to be building a new computer over the next few months and then sell this 1.

Its probably the RAM, if you installed it yourself it might not have been put in correctly. If not intalled securely, it can arc the RAM and fry the board. It needs to be pushed down to the board until the outer latches click, and if they dont click see if you can press down a bit more and press them inwards towards the RAM to see if that works. I just performed this same task on a clients computer. His computer hasn't had an issue running since the new RAM was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom