system failed cpu test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droot

Baseband Member
Every now and then i will get a msg from my lovely asus board in that sexy female voice saying "system failed cpu test". :) But the comp runs fine and the temps are all ok. The only thing that i can see going wrong is that my psu is giving wierd readouts.

Here is my set up:

Asus A7N8X-E mobo
2x 512MB DDR PC-3200
ATI RADEON 9800PRO
AMD Athlon XP 2800
Lite-on CD ROM
Lite-on DVD RW
Floppy Drive
40gb HardDrive
Fortron 350W "FSP350-60PN"
2 80mm case fans (1) has led lights
1 cold cathode light

Here are readouts on PSU:
+12V 12.288
+5V 4.865
+3.3V 3.616 (have seen this go up to 3.732)
Vcore 1.712

Was wondering if replacing the cpu would fix my problem or if something else was causing the problem

Thanks
Droot

whoa, it looks by the voltage readings that your PSU is dying dude =/ When your voltages start getting whacked out like that, going up insanely high or dropping down really low then your PSU is starting to die. Either that or there is too much load on it which by looking at your wattage and your Vcore it could be simply your PSU can't handle the loads. What are the rails rated at on your PSU. Look for +3.3 - 30a, +5 - 30a, +12v - 15a it should look something like that. Basically I want to know the amperage per rail...it'll be listed on your CPU....if your have 15a as the rated amperage on your +12v rail then I'd say you'd need a more powerful PSU especially because you have your vcore raised.

+3.3V@21.2/28A,+5V@30/25.5A,-5V@0.3A,+12V@18A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@2A

so looking at that seemes its my psu which is good cause i really ddint feel like buying a new mobo and cpu :)

im prolly gonna be getting Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W from newegg but thanks for helping

Droot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom