Games keep lagging for one sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm thanks for reply, this laptop is only 7 days old. It's a Daewoo DB-4108S I got it as present from school with no warranty. So I'm out of luck using warranty.
I did a full format when I got it, and after that bad cluster thingy I did another full format. I suspect it's the hdd, because game lags same way ( or even more terribly ) while using my 4 GB Kingston USB Drive.
Suggestions are welcome & thanks Tedsville

Whoah ****, diddn't even know Daewoo made laptops - google'd it up, can't even find a spec sheet for it. This is one obscure laptop. I'll look into it for you though, i see this one as a challenge...

By the by - was it new when you got it? or an old spare they gave you? - can you give us a detailed specification? Can't find any info on it from google....

Also, may be new heree, but why is d,a,m,n wordfiltered?

I never knew either till they gave it to me, and I'm not sure whether it's old garbage or new but it looked like new, with its plastics and everything when it came.
Specs :
Celeron T3100 1.9 GHz dual core
1 GB DDR2 Bus speed 667 MHz ( registered as 768 MB if I right click my computer - properties, no idea why )
Sis mirage 3 series graphics 256 MB
160 GB Hdd
Motherboard chipset is Sis672 ( I think, I can look up CPU-Z for full specs if you need )
Something else?
Also I'm 100% sure these games aren't above my system requirements, they ran perfectly lag-less on my like 10 year old computer, which had 128 MB ram and 32 MB of Graphics card VRAM.
Some people fixed it by a graphics
I tried to update my drivers, but I don't get a d*** from sis.com/download, They don't explain which drivers are for my graphics card. The verification program says sis mirage series 3 graphics only, but there's no such a thing in the drivers list thank you :S

Ram wise, when you see it reporting 768mb available in my comp, its because 232Mb have been reserved for video memory (the ram reserved for textures and other graphics related stuff in games e.t.c) - meaning it has integrated graphics. Hear what you say - that system should have no problem running those games. I think you may be simply using the wrong drivers, without a proper spec sheet it can be hard to find out exactly which display adaptor your machine is using - especially after a standard rebuild with a regular (non system specific) windows install. may be the time to call Daewoo and find out exactly what hardware that machine is packing.

I think there's a daewoo company but I don't have their no. It might help you in finding the driver to know that the mobo chipset is SIS672, and the Sis intergated graphics is a Sis mirage graphics series 3 and it's an AGP 8.0. I'm confused, but you might find out which driver I need from sis.com/download :D. Thanks for help so far, added rep

Update : I reinstalled Windows and the hdd issue seems to be gone! Only 400 MB's are eaten now, which I think is normal seeing my brother has 200 MB's eaten. Awesome thanks for help.
The problem of game lagging is there. But still I'm glad we could eliminate an issue! More power to TF

Bump?
I got another question, Imma take this laptop with me and my brother's laptop on a holiday but no router is there and we want to play lan. I heard we could connect a cable from my laptop to his and it would work? Can I use the normal cable I use to connect my PC to my router? And will there be some specific tutorials ( like static ip's etc? )
Thanks!

Bump
Thanks It worked ( network thingy )
I also fixed the problem of laptop turning off, it was indeed the charger, my cousin's almost identical toshiba charger worked ( I have a question about this charger, my chinese had 1.6A input, but this one has 1.5A only, otherwise it's identical, could that make problems? I'm using it now and it's awesome )
Nobody has any idea about the games' lagging issue :S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom