Games keep lagging for one sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hello there's something frustrating appeared yesterday in my laptop
While playing games such as Swat 3 or age of empires 2 the conquerors, games keep stopping for like 1 sec every few seconds then start. It's starting to be frustrating as they're now more often than before.
I tried to copy these 2 games over to my computer, but nope that problem isn't there, only here :S.
Thanks.

Hello there's something frustrating appeared yesterday in my laptop
While playing games such as Swat 3 or age of empires 2 the conquerors, games keep stopping for like 1 sec every few seconds then start. It's starting to be frustrating as they're now more often than before.
I tried to copy these 2 games over to my computer, but nope that problem isn't there, only here :S.
Thanks.

Be a bit more specific? laptop Make/Specs?

Done any graphics drivers updates recently or anything like that?

That would be a graphical problem. Is this graphic card a dedicated or integrated?

I would also think overheating is a factor. Get HWMonitor and show us a screenshot of your temps.

It's probably nothing graphical. There may be an active process on your computer that is locking up the system every few seconds. Disable any unnecessary programs, including anti-virus, malware scanners, backup utilities, etc and try again.

Hmm I defragged the partition on which the games are and it seems it's gone, didn't play for much so not sure I'll keep you guys updated.
I also faced a problem with this lappy a few days ago
I copied over a file to my D drive, and went to run it but it said corrupted ( Copied from a flash drive ). I thought it was a bad copy, and then I ran a program which required a reboot to complete the installation and then
I booted it and went to do something, I came back finding it in a disk check saying " Bad link found at cluster X fixed " ( X represented a number, which was 400000+ )
I read on intenet and almost every thread stated that it's a corrupted hdd and that the scan is 40 millions cluster, which was to finish after about 30 hours at the speed the lappy was running the scan
So I completely turned off the hdd, turned it back on, and I was like 99% sure there were like 3 GB eaten outta C drive. So I completely did a full non-quick format to D partition too, then did a full non-quick windows reinstall via my windows xp disc.
But now it seems the space is still gone, on C drive, the size of all files is 5.07 but from outside if I right click the drive and click properties, it states that there's 7.8 GB used, which is about 2.7 GB eaten. It's no biggy, but Now I found that there was some more space eaten today like 200 MB, so if it keeps eating up at this rate (200 MB/day ), the C drive will have 0 bytes left in exactly 5 months. I also deleted a file and freed up space from 31.5 GB to 31.6 GB, then ran a defragger but stopped it mid-way, the space was back to 31.5 GB!
Note : The program which required reboot isn't the problem, because after the full format I reinstalled it perfectly.
If it's bad sectors ( Which I hope it's only bad sectors not that I'll have to get a new hdd ), is there a way to occupy those bad sectors so that I don't put files in them at all?
Thanks and more power to the awesome tech-forums!
A

bump
The problem is still there, I suspected it's the ad that told me to register my product which I was too lazy to register but the lag is indeed still there. It's quite less often now, but still there and is indeed annoying. also I noticed that the C space was back down to 31.2 GB again
Please help me thanks :S

Did you include hidden and system files when selecting 'all files'? The hidden files may be those 2+ gib.
That disk scan, was it the regular windows checkdisk or some third-party tool?
Bad sectors will normally never show up, because they will be marked as 'bad' sectors by the hard disk, and 'spare sectors' will be used instead (until they run out). That doesn't mean the disk will not be broken, it could be.

Did you include hidden and system files when selecting 'all files'? The hidden files may be those 2+ gib.
I did
And it was the weird blue disc scan which occurs at boot up which I believe is windows program
I don't care now about the hdd issue atm, I focus on the Games lagging issue.

Hmm, have you thought about doing a rebuild (back everything up, format, reinstall OS/Drivers)? sounds like you may have multiple disk issues that are related to bad data in various areas, particularly windows components - and if you have never done this then its more than likely that this will clear it up. If anything this will definitely tell you whether its a hardware issue or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom