Windows 7 blue bricks problem from startup (Grafics card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runesmacher

Solid State Member
My neighbours are havving a problem with there computer:

it is a medion computer from ALDI.
it has an pentium CPU of 3GHz

With anvidea geforce 6700 XL videocard.

i suspect it is the vidoecard that fails but i'm not sure. can you guys help me out?

You can see on the screens that there are blue bricks and lines all over the screen.

when starting up it starts with the intel logo but on it there are white letters all over the screen.
the next screen is a black screen with à on it. and then it starts up but with bblue lines.

when i take screenshots of it and put them on my laptop the blue lines are not visible anymore. i tested the screen but it wrked well when pluged in on my laptop.

here are som screens:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Definately the graphic card. Do you have the correct drivers in there? Not the drivers that Windows found. Drivers given by the card's manufacturer. See if there is any upgraded version of the driver. That does look slight tho, with the off-brand.

all the pictures where taken in safty mode becous first i couldnt start up and got a blue screen. then i installed newest driver for the card (not onboard) and then i could start not in safe mode. all color settings are correct. is it possible that the grafics card is just broken (somthing in the hardware) ? and i need to replace it?? the computer itself has never been opend and the computer was bought this way.

maybe its dust laying on the card or somthing? since it has never been cleaned inside...

Sorry, abit confused... can you boot normally and the blocks are still there?

It could very well be the card dying, as it is fairly old. Only way to test is by putting it into another computer.

all the pictures where taken in safty mode becous first i couldnt start up and got a blue screen. then i installed newest driver for the card (not onboard) and then i could start not in safe mode. all color settings are correct. is it possible that the grafics card is just broken (somthing in the hardware) ? and i need to replace it?? the computer itself has never been opend and the computer was bought this way.

maybe its dust laying on the card or somthing? since it has never been cleaned inside...

That line right there is trouble. That means that it has never been cleaned. Which means that it is most likely very dusty inside and that could be causing heat issues cause the dust is caked on the fans as well as air flow problems. Open it up and use a can of compressed air and clean that thing out.

thanks i'll try to clean it out. if that doesn't work i'll try putting it into my computer hopfully it'll work.

i putted the card in my computer and i had the same problem. my computer is much newer (6 months old) so normaly it would haveworked. the card is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom