Samsung Laptops: Anyone with Experience/Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
I'm looking tobuy my wife a laptop for Christmas. I never really considered Samsung before but in my research and from what I have read they have a good build for their mid-range systems. I never considered Samsung before and would like to hear users experiences.

Thanks.

I'm looking tobuy my wife a laptop for Christmas. I never really considered Samsung before but in my research and from what I have read they have a good build for their mid-range systems. I never considered Samsung before and would like to hear users experiences.

Thanks.

There are many good manufacturers of laptops.

If you could give us your budget, What your wife wants to use it for and any features that are a must, I can advise you further.

Budget: $650-$750 She is a teacher and would primarily use it at home in place of a desktop at her workstation which is our kitchen table. :) Wants a screen between 15" - 15.6" because of her eyesight; nothing smaller. No gaming at all. Primarily used for school content, i.e. grading, etc. and transferring work to the schools via the internet, Office, email, internet surfing and especially being used for online research, and Skype; also CD/DVD burning and maybe even audio streaming. I have looked at the AMD processors and Intel Processors and because she is doing nothing intensive was leaning towards the i3. From what I have researched the newest AMD offerings are much better than in the past but no L3 Cache.

I have already settled on Windows 7 64 and 4 gigs of RAM. Ihave looked at the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge, HP, and Toshiba. F.Y.I. I was burned on HP's debacle with their DV6000 series from a few years ago so I am very cautious about where and how I purchase this laptop. The reason I inquired about Samsung is because as I stated before I didn't consider this brand but I have recently read of good build quality reviews.

Thanks very much iPROTechman and look forward to your advice and input.

Yes, I have looked into Asus and Toshiba as well. I realize that basically all laptop manufactures make low end through high end offerings and all make good ones and have duds as well. I will be buying within the next 6 weeks but when it comes to laptops I am a little out of my league though I am learning more every day.

Thanks for the Link.

For your wife, you do not need high grade. A sturdy laptop, yes, but not one that will break in 6 months. ASUS is up to par on quality.

Yes, seems that the Asus models with the i3 processor are getting good reviews. Asus and Samsung have plesantly suprised me. What do you guys think of the latest AMD mobile cpus? They are much better than the previous offerings but they don't have the L3 cache. But would she need the L3 cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom