Found 2 new cases but don't know who is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Yes even though I just bought my case awhile back it's not durable it's not even hard metal.
Underneath my case something warped it when I was I adjusting the cables inside and if I were any stronger than I am able bench press 145pounds that case would be crushed.

My mother just gave me 50.00 just now, I am short about 40.00 because I have doctors bills to pay for.
In november I want to get one of these:

Newegg.com - XCLIO Nighthawk Black Finish 0.6mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

or this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156241

I read both of the reviews the only thing the raid max fails on is the door not staying on, I really don't need that problem or risk having my dog ram it by mistake and have another system problem.

The xclio ,I have I own one of their cases I love them to death but the 2 things that might not make me buy again, the paint chips off in less than a month and their prices are still to high at the moment.
Seing as how thanksgiving is around the block and black friday will arrive what do you all suggest ?

$50 probably isn't going to get you a very resilient case, the first one you have listed there is made of 0.6mm steel. If you want it to be tough I recommend you look for the following:

0.8mm+ steel
minimal cutouts (for fans, drives, etc)
definitely no case window
lots of internal structure
heavy
small

Of course what you actually need is a balance between these properties and a) price b) able to house your components.

Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

That's the american version of my budget case.

I can't reccomend it enough. Exceptional cooling, I have two of the 120's on the side blowing onto My GPU and Motherboard, All of my temps are below 30. HDD stays around 28c. GPU idles at 35c CPU at 20c.

It looks amazing too! Room for expansion + Painted black inside/Bottom mounted PSU/water cooling holes. I really reccomend it to ya.

But If i was going to answer your question I'd be picky. I'd go for the RAIDMAX as it's probably better quality, but I prefer the xclio's looks.

$50 probably isn't going to get you a very resilient case, the first one you have listed there is made of 0.6mm steel. If you want it to be tough I recommend you look for the following:

0.8mm+ steel
minimal cutouts (for fans, drives, etc)
definitely no case window
lots of internal structure
heavy
small

Of course what you actually need is a balance between these properties and a) price b) able to house your components.

Why not a window?!?!?!?

So, k-mote your saying if anything is near anything strong as 0.8mm it will do right ?
You remember that xclio I bought last christmas, it was quite strong but you are right on one thing youn don't need a big huge window side case door...
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Let le me ask this before I get shot down, I know a very reliaable computer shop in my city 4ts computers.
The Manager said if I needed any minor modding done bring it in and he would do it for me and charge me by the size and cut...

Look at this for a momemt:
YouTube - Xclio Windtunnel Computer Case Modded by Armand

If I just wanted a long retangular window uptop like his would that work out ?
Me and very sharp blades or anything don't mix, so please try to understand why I can't mod cases.

Trotter me and your buddys but don't make me look at the case.
The reason why the air vents on that case in the front top and back would gather up too much dust and dog hair in no time flat.
Even my current case with 120mm fan and 80mm on the side sucks in dirt every 3 weeks and easy to clean up.

I am going to wait and get that xclio night hawk on black friday this november and I want to make sure newegg is dieing to get rid of it for a good price! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom