The Water Cooling Saga begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK QUESTION! Just wanna make sure I'm doing this right before I hook it all up and cut all the tubing etc.

My two GPUs. How???? Just...how? Right now I've got it setup like this:
amirite.png

Is that right?

I usually use either bitspower crystal link SLI connectors (they come in different slot lengths), or two right angle barbs where it looks like you drew straight barbs. Some will say that right angle fittings and barbs cause alot of unnecessary flow restriction...to which I pose the counter-question...more restriction than the waterblocks themselves?

Oh and good luck bro, I'm sure you got this.

Yeah for now I'm gonna just do it the way I pictured, hopefully it won't do anything bad apart from making things look slightly messier. I can't be bothered waiting another whole week if I order more connectors :p

WOOT! Rig is up, posting from the PC :cool:
GPUs idling at 36C instead of 52C, CPU is at ~29C

Time to take some pics, and get some benchies going :D

You know me, can't help myself :p

Nah, I just had to stop and put a secret ingredient in the loop. We'll see how it goes. Also, ran into problems with (I think) one of the GPUs. Can't OC my cards without the screen immediately acting like I've just unplugged it :umm:
edit: but I've got an idea of what's wrong...

edit edit: ok, this could be bad. Whenever the GPUs get put under even a little bit of load (not sure if it's one or both yet) they crash. Screen looses signal. Have to hard reset by holding the power button.
The blocks are definitely mounted right, I'm showing 35-37C right now on both.

^read the above post again lol

edit: ok, it's either a problem with the SLI bridge adaptor, or the second GPU. Downloading the latest drivers now, then I'll try another bridge

^read the above post again lol

edit: ok, it's either a problem with the SLI bridge adaptor, or the second GPU. Downloading the latest drivers now, then I'll try another bridge

I'd come more likely thinking it's the bridge rather than the card. I've gone through alot of bridges, SLI and CFX...and I'm a very meticulous and methodical guy when it comes to removing them gently. Are you able to check the usage? What are your clocks? I'm guessing if it doesnt shut your system down, then it's either a software fault or an sli bridge. Cards are hard to kill if they arent defective and your not running insane voltages.

I think I might have found the problemz
my mosfets/nb were insanely hot (still are) coz there's no airflow over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom