need help with pins on xblade case

Status
Not open for further replies.
does your computer make any beeps at all? Any noises at all? If not then there is a hardware issue somewhere in your computer. Try reseating your RAM and Vidcard....if that doesn't work then you need to reseat your CPU because one of those things is causing the system to not boot. If you just have power going to the machine but absolutely no beeps then it will require some troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting it would mean pulling the motherboard completely out of the case and laying it somewhere ANTI-STATIC meaning obviously don't lay it on the carpet.....put it on something that won't conduct electricity.

Then plug in one RAM stick, the Vidcard, and your keyboard and see if your computer can atleast POST. If it doesn't then your problem lies within like I said either the RAM, CPU, or Vidcard...so then to troubleshoot each piece you'd need to have a spare you can swap it out with.....

BTW: You will have needed to have your computers speaker plugged into the correct pins on the motherboard for it to produce the appropriate beeps.

i hear the hard disk working, so i know that hardware is functioning correctly, how do i reset my RAM, CPU, and Video Card.

I didn't ask you if your hard disk is working. I asked you if power was running through it and if you heard beeps. If power is running through your machine and you are getting no beeps, no video, no sign whatsoever besides the buzzing of electricity then something is wrong.

I said reSEAT the RAM, CPU, or vidcard, not reset it. I'm simply saying take it out...check to make sure nothing is in there (dust it out if you have to with some canned air) and plug it back in.

oh yea power is running through it. i thought you had a typo on reseat. ok thanks i'll go try that right now.

Check if all your wires are connected correctly. If your video card has a fan on it, it should be spinning. I'm presuming that everything worked in your old case and power supply, since I am also presuming that all Xblades come with power supplies. See what's different, and maybe try using the old power supply.

yea everything worked in the old case. i have another question. my floppy drive's light doesn't turn on. does that say something?

I don't know do you hear your floppy speaking to you at night? Consult your psychiatrist.....yeah I know this was only amusing to me =/ Anyway....Generally the light isn't on except during the first boot up and if you have a floppy in there I believe. Is the floppy drive showing up in 'My Computer' as it doesn't detect floppies in the BIOS like CD-Roms or HD's...you can have no floppy at all and it'll say Floppy: 3.5" A which you then usually simply disable....once again make sure you have all your correct power running to everything

i fixed it. ahah stupid mistake. i hadn't connected the power supply. aha ...... yo i can't get any picture to show up on my monitor, how am i going to check my computer anyway?...... its still not fixed. this is getting aggrivating. i don't know what i'm going to do.

ok, i put in a new video card. still not working...... i don't know what the heck is going on. i disconnect my monitor cable, and it says, no cable input or cable disconnected and the power light turns green, when i connect the cable to my computer, the screen goes black and the monitor power light turns orange.

OK, I had this same problem about two weeks ago. I had done something and had to restart. When I started up, I got nothing. The lights in the case came on, fans ran, hard drive seemed to be working, floopy was working, everything,...but nothig came up on the monitor. I was very upset and had tried everything and was about to send in my mobo cause it had to be the prob (I had pretty much taken apart and re-built my computer with no solution). So, just for the heck of it, I cleared my BIOS. And after I did that, hit the power button and it booted. Everything worked!!!! Dont ask how this worked or why, because I dont know. Seriously,...I have no idea why that worked or what problem clearing the BIOS would fix that wasnt allowing my computer to boot. So, you may want to try it. Turn off the pc, unplug the power cable and move your CMOS jumper to the "CLEAR" setting for about a minute or two. THen move it back and reconnect the power wire. Then see what happens. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom