Fdisk question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daFekdk

Solid State Member
Hello there,
I have recently partitioned my hard drive using fdisk. I now have a C: drive ( which i have win98 installed ) and a D: drive which I am trying to install Linux in. I think I need to first format my D: drive but dont know how? Also, when I try to create a logical DOS drive in drive D: its only letting me make one that's 5% of the total space in D: which is 9GB.
Hope somebody can help me, thanks in advance!

If you want to install Linux then I recommend getting a copy of PartitionMagic and installing it in Windows, and creating all the partitions using that. It has an option specifically for installing Linux when you create a new partition.

daFekdk said:
Hello there,
I have recently partitioned my hard drive using fdisk. I now have a C: drive ( which i have win98 installed ) and a D: drive which I am trying to install Linux in. I think I need to first format my D: drive but dont know how? Also, when I try to create a logical DOS drive in drive D: its only letting me make one that's 5% of the total space in D: which is 9GB.
Hope somebody can help me, thanks in advance!

the linux installation should take care of d: for you

I would just use disk druid to partion it. Im not positive but I think you also need a boot partition for linux. Disk druid is alot better than fdisk when it comes to partitioning. Let me know how it goes

Let me clarify my last statement. Use disk druid as you are attempting to install linux. When it comes to linux boot off of a disk and when it comes to the part that lets you use disk druid, use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom