Faster HHD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small little tip; How are your fans set up in your case? I usually have fans towards the front of the case blowing into the case and fans in the back of the case blowing out of the case to create optimal air flow.

I will have to check that out. I shut it down to clean it - so never bothered to check what the airflow actually was. Thanks for the tip.

105C on GPUs is the throttle point to which they start to slow down to prevent from frying. 105c on your CPU typically means dead lol. Before you do anything else i highly suggest cleaning everything out, reseating the heatsink, make sure your cards have good airflow and then retesting. You really dont want your stuff to get that hot anymore and i think its safe to say that your problems in the game are temp related.

. You really dont want your stuff to get that hot anymore and i think its safe to say that your problems in the game are temp related.
^
Agreed. Those numbers are a little too high for comfort. I remember having overheating problems with my old CPU at 85C.

OK guys thanks- will have to check the heat sink , fans are clean, GPU's test OK - but the fans dont really kick into high gear unless I use the ATI software to forces them to.

Well- decided to take the PP Mguire "challenge" - pulled out the XFX card, put the sapphire card in the primary GPU slot- and "wa la".... no more problems in bfbc2 - will retest the FURmark, etc. It will be interesting to see if I can get a new XFX card with the lifetime warranty.

The XFX card has only one Crossfire prong- and Sapphire card has two - so- I put the crossfire link on the tabs that lines up - ?? I don't know if that was correct of not - but running the Furmark (multi) both cards did show up. The reason I went to crossifre setup was because of lagging in games -so figured the crossfire would take care of it. Now I am thinking I really just needed a videocard that worked properly. Playing with just the one sapphire card is smooth with occasional glitches in the game play itself - which I feel is errors in the server /software etc and not my computer. I will be contacting XFX to see about replacing the card - probably sent it back and await their response.

Well i asked because i found out that a single Crossfire prong is a rev2 custom PCB card from XFX. A dual Crossfire prong card is straight up reference rev1 and works perfectly. I also found out my 4890 (XFX) problem was also due to being a custom PCB from XFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom