Would a printer firmware upgrade result in hardware damage? Plz urgent help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place, but I have a question regarding a failed printer firmware upgrade. I was upgrading the firmware to my Samsung SCX4300 printer when the electricity cutt-off...The printer is now in an inoperable state. My question is the following; is it possible that that might cause any HARDWARE damage? this seems a bit illogical to me, but I took the printer to the local Samsung dealer, and well, according to them, the motherboard is damaged and needs replacing. They want to charge my $90 for it. Somehow, I have a feeling something is not right. (Where I live, ripping off people is more like a norm.)

I guess what I would like to know is if fixing the printer would really require a motherboard change?

PS: I spoke with 2 Samsung chat support agents (US website), and they both said that a failed firmware upgrade would not result in any hardware damage.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rawan

Re: Would a printer firmware upgrade result in hardware damage? Plz urgent help neede

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place, but I have a question regarding a failed printer firmware upgrade. I was upgrading the firmware to my Samsung SCX4300 printer when the electricity cutt-off...The printer is now in an inoperable state. My question is the following; is it possible that that might cause any HARDWARE damage? this seems a bit illogical to me, but I took the printer to the local Samsung dealer, and well, according to them, the motherboard is damaged and needs replacing. They want to charge my $90 for it. Somehow, I have a feeling something is not right. (Where I live, ripping off people is more like a norm.)
I guess what I would like to know is if fixing the printer would really require a motherboard change?

PS: I spoke with 2 Samsung chat support agents (US website), and they both said that a failed firmware upgrade would not result in any hardware damage.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rawan

Upgrading firmware will Not damage hardware as far as i know however, the power cut may have damaged the motherboard. It may be in an inoperable state because it has no firmware, I'm no expert on this though so Don't just go off what I say, I'm sure other people shall post soon.

:thumbsup:

Re: Would a printer firmware upgrade result in hardware damage? Plz urgent help neede

It won't result in hardware damage but you pretty much have a brick on your hands. When you are reflashing firmware on ANYTHING, the most important thing is to make sure it completes uninterrupted. The mobo is not damaged, but it has blank or incomplete firmware which will result in inoperatability and the mobo will need to be replaced = pretty much broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom