DVD burner not burning @ 8X

Status
Not open for further replies.

H8NTECH

Beta member
I have a MSI DR8-A dvd burner. When I first got it, it burned at 8x. Now it burns super slow. Im using Nero, which says its burning at 8x but it takes about an hour to complete a burn. I noticed the burners buffer drops and rises constantly. Why?

Im running winxp sp2 on a athlon 64 3500+ processor and 1 gig of ram, so there is no lack of power.

I tried updating the firmware for the burner but the program said it couldn't find the drive.

Your help is appreciated!

But these are the same disks that originally burned at 8x.

I have tried phillips dvd-r, phillips dvd+r, and verbatim dvd-r. All with same results.

Any other ideas?

Try burning 1 data file at the slowest speed after closing your TSRs. ;-) If it's failing on TOC writing it's caused by:
1. Discs (Try new)
2. Writer (Get firmware update)

Since these discs were working before, it's not number 1. It's most likely the drive, or something else running causing the problem. Close all your other CD software and drag-n-drop software.

check your driver`s some do conflick with nvida chip sets make sure the drive is using microsofts driver

hope this

have you done a firmware update recently if so make sure you reboot if not it will take around 50 mins a disc i made this mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom