No audio device is intsalled!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimjim1

Solid State Member
My Thinkpad laptop randomly lost all sources of sound. The buttons to control sound don't show up when you push them and there is a red circle with a white x by the speaker icon in icon bar. The audio is Conexant 20561 Smart Audio. Please help if you have any suggestions. I have uninstalled and re installed all these drivers and I really don't know what to do anymore! Thanks

Do you have the latest drivers? What is the exact model of your desktop? Can you enable it in Control Panel -> Sound?

What OS do you have?

I downloaded what I thought were the latest drivers but got nothing. Where would I find the model type sorry? And it says that it is enabled, but there is no sound. What is OS and where do I find it.

Model is on the bottom of your laptop. A sticker or hard-plated rectangle.

Operating System you can find out by right clicking My Computer - Properties. Please contain, also, rather it is 32-bit or 64-bit. (Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc.)

Would the sound just be turned off? Sound is on 0%?

It doesnt even allow to me to click on any volume options.. it says Volume: 0. and when i right click on open volume mixer i get the message no audio device is installed. I see type 2764 on the bottom.. nothing about model anywhere? OH operating system.. its windows vista business 32 bit

For Lenovo, it is usually A letter followed by two numbers. I.E. A700. I'm sure it will say on the bottom.
bottom-s.jpg

Open up Device Manager. In Control Panel. See if there are any exclamation marks. If so, some part does not have a driver, or correct driver.

The picture is what it looks like but I see no type can you tell me exactly where to look?

and there are no exclamation points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom