Laptop constant shutting down, and a ram issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hello what's up I got a laptop, It's called Daeoo ( or however it's spelt ) DB-4108S
It has 2 issues, one minor and another major.
1-Its ram is 1 GB according to CPU-z, whyllwhen I right click properties my computer it's registered as 768 MB
2-When I got it I wanted to install windows on it, it kept shutting down for like 3 times each time I try to install, I finally installed it after a hit and miss gamd e
The computer stayed well without constant shutting down, but it started to keep shutting down again! now each 5 minutes it shut down, it's good now, but it constantly happens :S. I just got it this morning ( I got it as present from school for being a good student in my marks, it came with no warranty as it was possibly old already purchased so warranty was void )
Any ideas? iI'm 100% sure it's not overheating, it idles at 39/40 at max according to realtemp
Any suggestions will be thankful, thank you.

1. That could be do to your shared memory to your integrated video card.

2. Did you try to reset the BIOS?

I'm sure it's not sure overheating.

Sorry but when you say reset the bios you mean enter the bios then click load fail safe defaults for example?
On a side note, I've noticed that this laptop doesn't do that problem except when connected to AC charger. I left it for 15 mins idle connected to charger and I came back it was shut down
Now I've been working for like more than 1 hour on battery and it's a little hot but it doesn't shut down and it's functioning properly
Also, I can't find drivers for my touchpad, I can't scroll down with it in topics like this one for example, I have to manually click the scroll and take it down which is a little annoying. So I suppose I need drivers
The CD came with text file inside the folder of the touchpad driver saying please use native drivers what does that mean?
Thank you.

Yeah, reset to sail safe defaults.

Laptops are meant to be hot. Because of the small case, everything is cramped together.

Windows does not find a driver? Try searching for it. Do you have a manual with it?
Native drivers mean the drivers from the manufacturer. Not really needed.

Thanks for all of your help. You've been nothing but helpful to me since I was a member here, and that I highly appreciate.
I have some work to do, so I'll be back in a few hours or some time and try your suggestions. Thank you :D

Hello thanks for all help
I went to a shop and he told me because it's unoriginal charger ( It works only if battery is unplugged, or charges battery while PC is off )
So Imma live like that, or try to find an original charger
we now come to the problem of the touchpad, the no scroll pad thingy is extremely annoying :S
it finds no drivers, and when I tell it to search for drivers, it finds nothing. It also doesn't see touchpad under mice and other pointing points except for my mouse.
Thanks Mind, you're very helpful :D

No problem. I help here often.

I cannot find any information about your laptop. Nor any drivers. I keep getting unreliable sources. (It's Daewoo)

The touchpad functionality should be within chipset drivers.

Yeah That's weird. It's not found in the driver CD
Can I use a driver for another laptop?
Also since my charger doesn't work, And there are no official Daewoo chargers, my cousin has an identical toshiba charger and it would fit into mine. It also has same output Volts and Ambients. Will it work? Because if it does I'll buy a similar original one to it
Also I have a little problem with my touchpad
I hate that it's not deep, I can mistakely click it while typing and it closes stuff or minimizes stuff while I'm working. Is there a way to make left click only with left button on touchpad and not by touching it?
Thank you

Well, with the AC cord, all you have to do is try.

Is there any mouse options, in Control Panel - Mouse? That would be your best bet.

There are but they detect the mouse only and not the touchpad :S. My Touchpad is Alps and I googled for it, but found numberous ones for Toshiba or whatever.
I'm trying to find anyone universal for all alps touchpads, but not a single one is universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom