Newbie case question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash resistant

Beta member
I want to build my first computer.. with these specs on newegg:

ASUS Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron Processors, 800Mhz FSB Model# P4P800 DELUXE Retail
&
ANTEC SOLUTION SERIES MODEL SLK3700AMB w/ANTEC SMART POWER 350W P4/AMD POWER SUPPLY ATX12V - RETAIL

Anyway, I looked at the picture here:
Back.jpg

And the picture here:
11-129-122-06.JPG

And I was wondering how all those nice ports on the back of the Asus MB will fit into the sparse port holes on the back of the Antec case? Do most people drill new holes? or do they take the back port panel thingy off?

Thanks! :eek:

hmmm....its only now that i realize theres a problem with this thing. I always thought that this kind a dilemma never happens. you can actually remove the back panel, and run you pc without it,..but this almost always lead to hardware disaster! drilling holes is also not an option if you really want to take care of those ports.

correct me if i'm wrong but what i know is that, individual back panels are readily purchased. where? that is the big question. i'll see what i can find out.

Yep you take the whole panel thats on the case off and replace it with the one that comes with the Mobo, whala.

I have a few spare panels everytime I upgrade. They go in the garbage because I know the next board will also include one specific for that board.

I got a I/O sheild with my mobo (also ASUS) and i can't make it stay on for the life of me...getting frustrated enough to glue it onto the case :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom