After BIOS update, NOT booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, the PNP had nothing to do with it. Once I get back into the BIOS I'll see if there is some way to load fail safes. I don't care if it run at 486 speed if I can get to DOS and reflash!

Is it a good sign I can even get to the BIOS? I'd like to find a way to dig myself out of this hole, especially since it's a friends PC.

Reset CMOS now absoultely NOTHING......... I'm pretty bummed out, this is not my PC, I was just trying to update all my friends drivers. What can I do now? Contact ASUS?

Now when I plug in the PC and turn on the PSU the PC boots up without pressing the power, gives me the 2 short beeps, 3 fast beeps, 6 fast beeps and then beeps repeatedly. No video. Heck, I'm not even turning on the power button. I'll see if anyone has some suggestions for me before I do anything else.

Try reseating the CPU. do the same for the Ram. Strip out everything that is not esencial to the computer. IE, nic, sound, i/o controller. Only need video, Ram and CPU. See if you can boot like that...

Removed all non-necessary cards, reseated ram. I'm not familiar with the heatsink on this CPU. Has a couple funky levers. (made new topic wiht pic)I'll figure it out in a minute, after reseating the ram and turning on the PSU it started again, this time one long beep, 2 second pause, long beep, 2 second pause. Keeps doing that now. I'll reseat the CPU now.

I removed the CPU and reseated it as well. When PC powers on it Beeps a long beep, 2 second pause, and repeats. No video. I don't understand how I could have been up and running for hours after a BIOS flash and now nothing. If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE post. Otherwise, I'm going to tell my friend to hit Ebay and buy another cheap socket 423 MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom