Local Security Set to High

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdude25

Baseband Member
I was messing with my Local Security Policy, so that others on the domain couldn't log onto my machine. Unfortunitly, I set the permissions so that the users group could not logon. Well, eventhough I am part of the admin group, I am also part of the users group. I can't log onto my machine in any way shape or form. Not even locally as administrator. Any ideas??????????

find a program called ERD2k EmergencyRepairDisk 2k. It was release slightly before the XP version, and is much better. Boots from a CD and allows you to get into the machine using the service account. Then you can modify the settings needed to get the machine back on.

Only trouble I have with your logic, is that windows permissions are addative. IF you are part of the admin group and the users group, you are always part of the admin group first. So unless you revoked the admin access of the machine, you can't really disconnect it. The local admin account should be functioning. make sure you are loggin on locally and not to the domain, when trying to get on locally.

good luck

ROFL!!!

Oh god that's too funny!

Especially if you read the warning message!

:D :freak: :D

Maybe you should see a psychiatrist to figure out why your brain wants you locked out! LoL

*ehiem*
Anyway, you must have done some serious acts of negligence. Either way, Windows has code that prevents administrators from completely locking out a box from any possible user, without warning them like an old nag. Security is a logical process. You shouldn't go making major changes until you know exactly, on paper, how the whole setup functions.

Inaris's solution should work. Still, I'm surprised your default administrator account is having security applied to it. Normally the admin account is setup to bypass all security to allow the account to function as it's required to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom