'New' Hard drive - Computer Stuck at "Detecting IDE Drives"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Western Digital HDD-s have jumper setting when he is master and slave is present , and when you completly remove jumper (no jumper is present) he works alone and presence of second hdd will block detection like you described.....

Uhh.. WD doesn't have a gender. :lol: j/k

If you put it on CS (Cable Select), it will detect what it is by the cable'd devices.

i know my english is bad:crazy: ..... yes cs should work on some models this should help:
chap2-page11-img1.JPG

if there is no jumper and other one is slave then both are slave and error occurs...:thumbsup:

Test?

MindoverMaster: It could very well be a PoS.

I tried to post 4 times today, but it kept saying a mod had to check it or something (random)

but, my model is LC-B450E.

I keep trying to post a link to a pic from Google Images cuz because they have the info on there, but that must be what is making my post not work. So if someone could just puit that into google images and then tell me if this may be the cause that would be great. (sorry)

This the model? Xion LC-B450E :: Professional 450W ATX PC Power Supply [LC-B450E] - $59.99 : E-Tech eShop Shopping Network

Seems to be a 450. I dont think you are low on power.

You can't copy a pic directly from google, that is just a shortcut to a picture. You need to click on the pic, will go to a new page, THEN you can copy.

Okay thanks for the tip on posting pics.

This one seems to have the same info as the sticker. Any other ideas? or do you think that it just got messed up in the low level format

If it is an old pc (old motherboard) it may not support disks larger than 40GB.
You would have to install a PCI-IDE controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom