Fan Controllers and Performance/Heat Monitoring Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

earwicker7

In Runtime
So, I'm just waiting for my check to clear, and then I'm going to start purchasing the parts for my new system... should be only a few more days. Woohoo!

I'm planning on getting a small second monitor, which will be dedicated to showing things like CPU temperature, ambient sensor temperature, % CPU load, etc..

Can anyone think of a good combination of a fan controller (5.25") and software for doing this?

there are fan controllers with LCD touch screens that can display all that, so that will save you the cost of having to buy another monitor and take up real estate on your desk

this one takes up 2 5.25 drive bays and has a LCD touch screen and displays temps and all that good stuff..
Newegg.com - NZXT SEN-001LX Sentry LX Aluminum dual bay fan controller

now THIS one i think is right up your alley, its a fan controller that you run a cable to your desk and can have it be right there next to you... i think this is EXACTLY what you are looking for... here is a link to the product and a prodcut review on youtube:

Newegg.com - NZXT Sentry LXE Touch Screen Fan Controller

YouTube - #1176 - NZXT Sentry LXE Fan Controller Video Review

team this with either one of thoe fan controllers and that will allow you to controll up to 20 fans ;) ( if you get 5 of these )
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7300/cab-112/Koolance_4-Fan_Wiring_Harness_-_3_Pin.html

I saw the touch screen fan controller... very cool, but I wanted to get an extra monitor so that I could have something which shows all the readouts possible... this wouldn't track things like CPU temp and CPU load, would it? I want that second monitor to look like an airplane cockpit lol. A touch screen monitor may be a good idea for that monitor, though. Are there software fan controllers, or are they mostly hardware-driven?

Can anyone give me a good list of the software (I'm guessing I'll need more than one program) that I would need to have a "super-display" of all my performance levels?

here are some programs i use:

HW Monitor: monitors the temps of ALL your harware
CPUZ or CPUID ( samething, different name ) : displays all your processor information
GPUZ: displays all your graphics card information

really the only one you need is HWmonitor... itll tell you pretty much everything you want to know.

One last question, since I've never had dual displays... can you lock down the secondary screen? In other words, if I bring up a game, is it going to try to take over the secondary screen in any way, so that the performance displays are no longer there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom