Could use some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njord

Baseband Member
Well I'm Trying to help someone figure out whats wrong with thier system. Problem is havnt been able to see the machine.They gave me a discription of the problem and I had them try a few things but none of it improved. So it hought id ask you all what you may think it is.

To start heres the system with specs: Newegg.com - HP Pavilion Slimline S5310F(AY643AA#ABA) Athlon II X2 250(3.0GHz) 4GB DDR3 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The problem they notice most is when playing games they have a horrid FPS(around 6). Also said that the deley when just using the web is noticably longer then it had been.
They also heard a slight grinding noise, but they said that has gone away.

So i read up on this system and some people mentioned it has a problem with overheating, and from the photos ive seen it looks like the airflow is crap. So with that in mind does anyone know if it could be just one thing or if it has probably overheated and is time to lay it to rest?

I thank anyone who has some input on this.

What game are they playing? That might just be that the integrated graphic card isn't tough enough. Being shared video memory, too.

Grinding noise could be the HDD scratching. Make sure that is alright doing a scandisk (whats that, -f -s?)

For the overheating matter, download HWMonitor and have it running while running the game, to capture the heat. Then give a screen shot.

MindoverMaster

"What game are they playing? That might just be that the integrated graphic card isn't tough enough. Being shared video memory, too.

Grinding noise could be the HDD scratching. Make sure that is alright doing a scandisk (whats that, -f -s?)

For the overheating matter, download HWMonitor and have it running while running the game, to capture the heat. Then give a screen shot. "

The game With the 6FPs was WoW which isnt gaphic intensive, but the poor frame per second was sudden they were playing it for sometime with no problems.

I will tell them to run scandisk as well as download HWmonitor later. Thank you for he input.

PS: if anyone else has any ideas please share them. Thank you all

Grinding isn't the harddrive.

Its most likely the fans, and theyre struggling to keep it cool..... It probably died, hence the end of the grinding.

Any gaming and slimline pc is a bad combo. Even the 6150 card will overheat and crap out.

It's very possible the whole systems getting too hot and throttling.

Oh, my mistake. I took that as clicking, as a hard drive does when failing. Yea, he's right about the fan. Could be the problem to your overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom