Faster HHD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed test with new modem= 26.52 download, 3.66 upload, ping= 37ms. I bought and just set up today a new router= D-link model DIR 655. SO , that may be the fix.

Speed test with new modem= 26.52 download, 3.66 upload, ping= 37ms. I bought and just set up today a new router= D-link model DIR 655. SO , that may be the fix.

I was having this same issue and got a new router. I was pinging at over 50ms... now it's down in the teens. It could very well be a router issue. They do give out after a while. Also if you have a lot of people online at one time in your neighborhood (as do I), during peak hours the net slows down regardless. The cable company actually throttles back your latency during these times.

50ms ping isn't high.... It's actually rather low, dial up is ~300+, DSL is generally ~150ms, and cable is ~16-70.

Those are just the general numbers I see on battle.net from people. :p

Ive seen people play on CoD4 with a ping of 150-200 before simply because the server was to far from them. Distance also plays a role in how much ping you have as much as peak hour throttle from your ISP. Before joining a server make sure the pings are kinda low to make up for a possible throttle sometime during gameplay.

Y a- I only play on servers that the ping is less than 50, I do fine for a while and then the Fps seems to start moving all over the place- or did , have not had a chance to play after setting up the new modem- so it is possible i no longer have the problem.

ok played alittle anyhow- seemed great for a while with the new router - then same thing started happening but not as bad- maybe a heat problem?

It could be a heat related issue, either with the router, modem, or PC, make sure the router and modem are both vented properly and are not being obstructed by paper or anything.

Run HWMonitor from cpuid.com and record the temps before the game, and while running the game, keep going till it becomes unplayable, then post the temps.

If temps check out, and your hardware is sufficient, the only possible causes are internet, or, something is running on your PC while you are in game.

ok - thanks for the cpuid- could not remember the name of that program. I did a benchmark test, on this site, which was interesting = 39 fps, and scored 980 - what ever that means. It was low compared to many others- see the benchmark thread. But, I think many of the others have 2k-3k and UP= "uber" PC's setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom