Can't run 16-bit Windows application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venazeus

Beta member
Good day all,

I'm having a problem with my computer. Last week I installed the software of Freedom Security and Privacy Suit in it and then when I restarted my PC again I got an error message saying that "Can't run 16-bit Windows application. Insufficient memory to run this application. Quit one or more programs and try again."

I have uninstalled that program but it doesn't help fix the problem; now the message is always there whenever I start my PC up. Also from that time on, it seems that it takes longer time for the PC to boot up or shut down.

I don't know what to do now. Could you guys please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

P/s:
Processor Intel (R) Pentium (R) M; 1.50 GHz
256 MB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition

Have you tried running the app in compatibility mode?

Right-click on the exe or shortcut to the exe and go into the compatibility tab...play around with the options (Windows versions, screen resolutions, etc..).

I have seen this problem a few time before. Seems that some applications like to modify the autoexec.bat and autoexec.nt files on XP. This seems to be where the problem comes from. Check to make sure the autoexec.bat is empty and also check to see what is in the autoexec.nt file. there are KB's on Microsofts site about this as well...

good luck

To jcline:

No, I haven't. I have uninstalled the software so it is no longer in my computer, but the message it might have caused isn't.

To Inaris:

Could you please say more clearly about that? I almost know nothing about those files you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom