Bought a new DVD/CD writer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I had to buy a new DVD/CD writter. It is a Samsung sh-s222 but now it does not work. It seems to be recognized in the bios as it gives me the option to boot a tsstcorp ssh-s222 and I put it on the first place because I have no floppy drive. It spins the DVD for a while or CD but it can not boot any iso's on it. To make things worse I can not boot my windows install so I can not test it there either!

Try using a different SATA (it's presumably SATA) port - I usually test the one I have my HDD plugged into since you know that port is functional. Might be a bad port, since it's not reporting the name of drive correctly (I recon it would report as a Samsung).
If that fails, try a different SATA cable, though that's much less likely to be an issue.
If you still can't get it to work, are there any other PCs you can try it in?
Otherwise, I would RMA it.

It connects via IDE cable. Well it does not say it is a Samsung but would that really be an issue as it does mention the model.

Yeah, it is the only device attached to the ide cable. I was kind of rough with it but since it shows in the BIOS there should not be any trouble with it right?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom