Can't get SLI to work - Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgoT87

Solid State Member
Alright, first things first:

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and my motherboard is a nForce 790i Ultra SLI. I got it from Alienware after I sent it back for repairs. That was a few years ago. I've recently done some research about SLI and wanted to do it on my system. I have two GeForce 9800 GT's, one's 1024 MB and the other is 512 MB. I also had to order the SLI bridge and have it install on my cards.

I followed the steps listed on the nvidia website about enabling SLI tech, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It seems so simple to do, can anyone help me out?

Normally, Nvidia Control Panel takes care of that stuff. I never did it myself but thats what i heard.

Wait for patonb.

Make sure you've got the latest Nvidia drivers installed, then:
Right click on the Desktop, select the 'Nvidia Control panel' option, and under the '3D settings' option you'll see the option to enable SLI or not. If there's no option, go into Device Manager and confirm that your system is seeing both your graphics cards and that they're both functioning correctly.

Make sure you've got the latest Nvidia drivers installed, then:
Right click on the Desktop, select the 'Nvidia Control panel' option, and under the '3D settings' option you'll see the option to enable SLI or not. If there's no option, go into Device Manager and confirm that your system is seeing both your graphics cards and that they're both functioning correctly.

I have, multiple times, I don't even see the option for SLI under the control panel. I've checked the Device Manager and it's reading both cards without any errors.

Windows says the drivers for the 9800GT's are 8.17.12.5896, but I think you're looking for the Nvidia drivers, which is 258.96, the latest release for them.

I also downloaded the drivers for my type of MB, which is 15.53, also the latest release... according to the Nvidia website that is.

Are you looking in the nvidia control panel, or in the desktop properties?

For the record, the version is right... see at the end it says .5896.... well it means 258.96.

Which is pretty new.

Heres a screen of my panel

SLI.jpg

And I'm not sli'd though.

Yes, I am looking at the Nvidia control panel. Where yours has "SLI and PhysX," I only have PhysX...

Do I need two computer screens to activate SLI? I don't think I would... but then again, I don't know much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom