Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seagate harddrives

• ati video cards

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always used MSI for motherboards, Saphire for my graphics cards, and try to use WD or Seagate for my HDD.

DFI hasn't quit the desktop consumer thing, they still make a lot of boards, newegg just doesn't seem to carry a lot of DFI boards anymore though.
Actually DFI has not released a new LANparty for either a year, or over a year. The website hasent been updated for LANparty boards since last november. They are just clearing stocks to make their money off the boards already created and will strictly construct industrial boards instead. If a new P55 had been released i would have gotten that instead of an eVGA last year. Its sad to think the name we grew up wont exist anymore and we wont have those flashy UV slots either but its the truth. Hopefully, we will see it come back in the near future but i wouldnt hold my breath. Im holding onto all my LANparty boards for dear life since they where my absolute favorite and pretty much THE best overclockers.

The (LAN)Party is over for DFI | bit-tech.net

I usually purchase items based upon quality AND the huge discounts I can find...[I know, cheap, cheap, cheap]!

Processor: Intel i5-750 and AMD 1055T [both of which I found at about half price]
Motherboard: lately, only Gigabyte [but I have been having challenges with RAM/MB conflicts in the DDR3 range. Had no problems whatsoever using Gigabytes MB's in the DDR2 range].
Graphics card: XFX 250 GTS [came with a free copy of Call of Duty 4 and paid $50] [have not installed it yet], Galaxy 250 GTS [big mistake...non-stop performance and cooling issues], ASUS [pretty good], PNY 9800GTX [gets the job done with no problems], and EVGA [250 GTS's, 9500GT, 9600GSO, etc. and never had a problem with them]. Special Note: I do NOT do intensive gaming, so I do not need the higher, upper end GPU cards...
Ram: G-Skill for DDR3 [but have been having problems with them], for DDR2... OCZ [flawless], Patriot [never again], Corsair [really, really nice]
Powersupply: XFX 650W XXX [haven't installed it yet, but the reviews are stellar], Enermax 720W Modular [got two for about $40 each and they are still working just fine after a couple of years]
SSD: Intel [only in my dreams at the moment...waiting for the prices to drop...benchmarks and reviews make these a no-brainer if ya got the $$$], OCZ Vertex 2 - they will do the trick, look for the Sandforce controller.
HDD: Western Digital Black [I won't touch anything else at the moment]
Optic Drive: LG, Samsung, and Sony [they all seem to do well].
Case: Storm Sniper by CoolMaster [again, I was able to get a couple of them new for around $50-$60 each. I like the cooling fans/controller on em', the air flow, as well as the space.]
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 [again, found a good deal on em', but I hear much better reports about the H70. Also the Cool Master Hyper 212+]
TV Capture Card/Device: Pinnacle Pro Stick [pretty good], Hauppauge 1600 [got the job done] Hauppauge 2250 [absolutely phenomenal]

Hope this helps!

Soar

I know they arent out yet, as ive said. DFI only makes industiral boards now. Look at their main LANparty site. Last date anything was posted was November last year.
DFI LANParty:The Best OC Platform! Overclock, Motherboard, Intel, AMD

Edit: Its an unreliable source but on their Facebook "Like" page it says that the LANparty name was put off to some other company ive never heard of. Took a look at their site and it says down for maintenance. Ill keep checking back periodically to see whats up.

If they sold off the lanparty name, that means DFI could still be in the consumer market once the economy picks back up, but, not with the lanparty title.

could you guys tell me more about the dfi lan party boards like when production stared and how long they been around I'm going to try to find one for my next build

I have another qustion what is overclocking i know its somthing to do with over working memory and other conponents. Is there a tuturial how i can do it safely? Can overclocking be used for video processling or is it more for pc games I look foward to hearing from you guys what ever you guys can teach me about comupters I would love to learn and video links you can give me to larn more stuff about computers would be great

Cpu: Intel all the way
Mobo: Asus
PSU: Corsair
Gfx: Nvidia, purely because of the software side of things
Ram: G.Skill
HDDs: OCZ
Cases: Coolermaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom