PC Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice job! throw another 5770 in there and that will be a capable little rig

Actually, this 5770 is alot more powerful of a gpu than I expected at 1920X1080....you just need to ease up on the high settings and not apply AA

It runs my Nascar Racing Simulation at abou 90 frames per second....all graphics turned on , drawing all 43 cars and all of track.....no AA of course.

I have been using Nvidia cards lately, but this was the best bang for the buck card at the time I built, and after rebate it was $135 shipped.

How much did those speakers set you back?! Jesus, I would love to have speakers like those on my desk....

I paid $325 for the set, and combined with this sound card they definitley are by far the best part of this build.....I have been ripping cd's to FLAC format the last few days....I can't believe that we are going discless, but with the FLAC files, which is lossless media, it is really the way to go.

Here is a link to the speakers, they have a built in amp in the speaker, so no need for an amp on your desk.
The souncard then has a headphone amp....so my next investment will be a set of Grado cans....
Audioengine 5 (A5) Premium Powered Bookshelf Speakers

If you think about it thats really cheap compared to the quality your getting. No computer speaker setup to date can compare to a set of speakers like that. Not only that, but they come with a built in amp so you dont need to purchase a high quality receiver either.

I would highly recommend the speakers and soundcard....but for most people, desktop pc speakers are ok......but I agree, there is no contest when comparing the quality of sound....I was going to save and purchase a sub woofer, but to be honest, i dont need one....so a nice set of cans will complete this set up for me.

At my parents house i had a set of PA towers for my setup. Good reciever plus sound card plus those towers = best sound ive ever had lol. So far though my current setup is nice in the quality department for the amounts ive paid....0 lol.

At my parents house i had a set of PA towers for my setup. Good reciever plus sound card plus those towers = best sound ive ever had lol. So far though my current setup is nice in the quality department for the amounts ive paid....0 lol.

Do you still have that set up over there....if so RUN there and get it...I agree that would be some great sound

Sound is sound to most people, but once you have heard really good sound....then it is hard to go back.

I unfortunately dont have access to those towers, plus since me and my gf are just "staying" at a friends place i think he would have a complete cow if i brought anything like that over. On top of that, we live in an apartment so im sure when i start to turn it up a bit people would start yelling. Our room mate also has this thing with sound thinking that our neighbors will hear anything and everything minus his loud servers. I honestly think he turns the bass off on my sub when im asleep cause its always off when i wake up.

Im a grade A audiophile myself. My dad is a professional sound man by trade, and i ran with him doing live sound and lights for about 8.5 years or so. I still know it inside and out and were also both musicians. I was using 2 towers that he used only during big outdoor gigs so we barely had to move them out of my room. They where basically JBL TR225s converted out of some Sound Bridge cabs. The built in cross over was better than the stock JBL stuff and so was the horn and the cabs themselves. But i mean, 2 15s for subs, 2 15s for mids, and 1" horns in a complete stereo package for your computer sound is almost over kill LOL. It would be a big pain getting them though since they are stored in my parents storage currently.

Right now im using some JBL Creature 2s mixed with my XFi. I won on a forum a 50 dollar Amazon card and used it all to get these speakers. I seriously cant complain because i dont get distortion or anything even when i turn them up. For being small and compact they produce some pretty loud quality sound. Nothing like those towers though.

So this is a REALLY old picture but the only one i have of my old room and those speakers. But you can see what i had though. That receiver i used for a week total because it was cheap junk i got from the pawn shop and was only 50w a channel. Dont ask how it ran those towers, but ill just say it red lined. Also, when i got my new receiver i moved my desk over to the right and away from the wall a bit and pointed the towers towards me proper. I was just getting started in this bizarre stuff so it was quite exciting.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9614/roomdsdsa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom