Faster HHD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Currently have a 640 WD black hard drive- but windows experience is still 5.9. I lag when playing online- fraps goes from 90 to 6 in a few seconds. TO get a better hard drive speed do I need to use a solid state drive? The lag may not be HD , but rather internet service- just thought I could ask and get a quit answer form you guys.

Definitely does not sound like an HD problem. What's the advertised RPM on the HD you have now?

If you want we could pinpoint the problem if you gave us more details. For instance the rest of your PC specs, game your playing, monitor res, settings, internet connection speed, and when it happens. We could probably tell you exactly what is happening then.

OK - Phenom II quad core black @ 3.65, win7 -64 bit OS, 8 gb Corsair RAM, MOBO= Asus M4a79xtd EVO, GPU= 5770's Crossfired, Corsair 750 watt PSU, Playing BFBC2 currently on a plasma 54 inch set at 1080P resolution via HDMI from PC. Internet = Comcast cable ( medium grade) approx 8-10 download and 2-6 uploading. I think it is the Internet causing the trouble as more and more people on our block have switched to Comcast ( which apparently makes everybodys internet slow down) as our DSL provider is really bad unless you pay over $50 /month. I will have to do a speed test to see how it is actually working. In the past (not tested in many months) my speed test have been pretty good- not at home so cant tell you what is now.

Id say its probably your internet too considering you have a good PC. If you use FRAPS while your gaming you can tell if its the actual FPS dropping or if its internet lag.

I did use fraps- and that did show a change in the frame rate- all over the place - yo -yo up to over 90 and then down to 6 in a few seconds. And of coarse right in the middle of the fight/turn/or shot I lag in a game so I die.

If his internet is causing issues, it will cause FPS issues in games, you should see SC2 on sat based net, very choppy... Same with other games.

Curious do a speedtest on your internet at speedtest.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom