Windows is Dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1|2u5

Baseband Member
First of I have windows xp pro w/ SP2

My problem is that i want my windows to be shown in groups by type and in a detailed view with Windows Explorer to be docked in the right side of the screen while all be full screened. I want every windows to look like this. But windows doesnt do it. Ahhh! And yes, I've done the Apply to all setting, and nothing.

Help me please.

V1|2u5 out.

all computers are dumb. all computers do are follow directions. that what i learned in computer apps class.

computers work extremely efficiently but a computers bottleneck is usually the user. once i knew of a admin doing a massive install through dos on all of the computers at school, it would take a while so he left it overnight but when he arrived the next day, every computer had the old press anykey to continue message which appeared 5 mins into the install. also even if you a freakily fast touch typer, the cpu wasts millions of cycles waiting for a keypress.

ThirtySixBelow said:
The computer just does what you tell it, it must be operator error :D

LOL

It doesn't always do what you tell it....it doesn't if it is screwed/broken

eventually EVERYTHING is a user error though...YOU (operator/user) are responsible for upgrading/cooling.taking care of hardware. YOU are responsible for installing compatible OS and software. YOU are responsible for protecting ur comp from virusses and spyware.............

TheMajor said:
LOL

It doesn't always do what you tell it....it doesn't if it is screwed/broken

eventually EVERYTHING is a user error though...YOU (operator/user) are responsible for upgrading/cooling.taking care of hardware. YOU are responsible for installing compatible OS and software. YOU are responsible for protecting ur comp from virusses and spyware.............

Excelent way to say it Major.....

More accurately, "a computer always does what it's told to."

The problem lies in the way Windows handles Explorer, verses a normal folder. Windows-Explorer has some odd behaviors when interacting with other folders. Visit www.microsoft.com to play around with the features and options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom