Computer to Tv connection via DVI/HDMI please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
Everything was working fine last night and this morning I was booting up my computer and it froze right before I get to the screen where you enter the password to login into your account.

I restarted the computer, and now I get no picture on my screen.

On subsequent reboots, the computer seems to be loading up fine (I can tell by the chimes that play when it full loads up) but I still get no picture. I tried different HDMI ports no luck, I used my ps3 in the HDMI port and it DoEs work. So the problem seems to be with the computer.

Am using windows 7 64bit. My video card has no HDMI out, so at the computer end I got a DVI connection and at the Tv end am using a HDMI connection via an DVI/HDMI adapter.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Thanks in advance

(This happened once before, am not sure how it started working again)

I dont have another tv i can hook my computer up too, nor does the tv have a dvi port (it has VGA). The cable was used for about 3years with zero problems. Is there anything else i can try? thanks

You can get a DVI to VGA adapter.
DVI-to-VGA.jpg

I don't mean another TV, just a computer monitor. To check if the GFX card is ok.

Yes I did try it on my old monitor, I still get no picture on the monitor. I believe this rules out the TV having the problem.

yeah i do, but i dont have a vga cable atm. gonna have to hit up a microcenter for that cable this weekend. will keep u posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom