$500-600 Build Throughout Deals, First Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the0wner

Baseband Member
Hey, I decide to build a computer for little more than regular use(watching movies, light gaming, surfing net, burning dvds, downloading stuff) My budget is around $500-600. I will be waiting on deals to get my parts. So even if it takes a month, I don't mind.

So far I got the following:

Mouse - already own
Keyboard - already own
Monitor - already own

Power Supply - $55-$20(MIR) After Rebate -Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

HD - $70 combo w/ the DVD Burner HD103SJ Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB SATA2 7200rpm 32MB Hard Drive - SATA Hard Drives - SuperBiiz.com

DVD Burner - SH-S223C/BEBE Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE 22X SATA DVD+/-RW Internal Drive (Black), Bulk w/o Software - CD / DVD Writers - SuperBiiz.com

Graphics Card - $65-$27(MIR) Newegg.com - ASUS ENGT240/DI/512MD5/A GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Computer Case - $40-$15(MIR) Newegg.com - Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Black SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

i7/i5/AMD -
RAM -
Motherboard -

What do you guys think of my deals so far?

Totals:
$230 without Rebates
$62 in Rebates

note: I had an older thread but it wouldn't let me edit my posts there for some odd reason :S

Why not buy harddrive from newegg?
Hard Drive $59 after MIR
Here is a better Optical Drive than you posted, it may cost $4 more but it is faster and supports more formats.
You can only edit your post up to 24Hours after you post it...

Also, you want to order all of your parts at once, that way you can find what hardware components are defective (if any) and have plenty of time to deal with NewEgg/Manufacturer to sort the problem out.
I will wait a bit for one of the comp builders to chime in, as they are better are better at finding the best deals for the money than I am. If no one chimes in soon, then I will post some components for you, what you got so far looks good. Only suggestion would be to entirely stick with newegg to keep shipping prices combined and hopefully save money.

Also, what do you mean by light gaming, light gaming as in you play modern games, but only occasionally? or light gaming as in you play games, but they are older games?

Processor
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

RAM
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G

Motherboard
MSI 880GM-E41 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Total=313

I would say drop the rest into an ATI card.
If I have time tomorrow I will re check everything I have posted, but alas, I am tired and headed to bed.
heh, I think I adopted a particular individual's method of listing components. No infringement intended :big_smile:

Why not buy harddrive from newegg?
Hard Drive $59 after MIR
Here is a better Optical Drive than you posted, it may cost $4 more but it is faster and supports more formats.
You can only edit your post up to 24Hours after you post it...

Also, you want to order all of your parts at once, that way you can find what hardware components are defective (if any) and have plenty of time to deal with NewEgg/Manufacturer to sort the problem out.
I will wait a bit for one of the comp builders to chime in, as they are better are better at finding the best deals for the money than I am. If no one chimes in soon, then I will post some components for you, what you got so far looks good. Only suggestion would be to entirely stick with newegg to keep shipping prices combined and hopefully save money.

Also, what do you mean by light gaming, light gaming as in you play modern games, but only occasionally? or light gaming as in you play games, but they are older games?

That HD I ordered came with the dvd burner, think I should return and buy from newegg? Also about light gaming I meant modern games but occasionally. Like TF2, CSS, not MW or those newer ones.

Processor
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

RAM
A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G

Motherboard
MSI 880GM-E41 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Total=313

I would say drop the rest into an ATI card.
If I have time tomorrow I will re check everything I have posted, but alas, I am tired and headed to bed.
heh, I think I adopted a particular individual's method of listing components. No infringement intended :big_smile:

Thanks for your input :). I'm trying to spend over $100 on the PSU, Mobo seems fine, and ram, there was a deal on those for $55 a week ago that I missed :(

It's not necessary, but it does a few good things for you.
a. keeps cpu cooler which increases its life
b. allows for the option to overclock, should the desire ever arise
c. should keep your motherboard cooler as well which will increase its life

The OEM coolers that come with the Phenom's work, but they are loud and sound like a jet engine. It would be well worth it unless you are half-deaf.

I have to add the monitor into my budget now, had to do something else with my other monitor.. so my budget is tighter now -.-

this is no help, just pointing it out... when i got my graphics card, it was more than the budget for your entire computer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom