Need Advice on 700$ PC (Building)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elasarx

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I was looking around tech sites and such and found out that you can save a nice amount of money if you build you own PC. I estimate that I'll get around 700$ on Christmas, which I want to spend making a PC. I have never made a PC before, but I've been watching a few videos and it does not seem that complicated. I need help picking out parts for a decent computer that costs around 700$. This includes everything, I have a mouse though (haha). I would really appreciate it, thanks.

PS. I want to be able to run WoW on ultra or high, if possible. Also I'd like to run games like Vindictus and league of legends on high.

I'm not an advanced builder, but as help for others who will give you help.
Do you already have any parts ( other than mouse which you stated to have )? Like OS, keyboard, etc which you're planning to use in the new system?

I don't have a OS disc. :(

Elasarx, if you are a college student with a legit .edu email address, then you can obtain a legit copy of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade for $29.99.

EDIT: Whoops, Microsoft raised the price to $64.95, but it is still a great deal.

Another option is pick up a copy of Microsoft's Family Pack [3 legit copies of Windows 7 Premium] and share the cost with other friends/family members.

Soar

Soar

An OEM copy is also $99.99

It's what I did when I built, but it's only good for that PC, and that is it. So make sure you get a motherboard you can expand on for many years.

An OEM copy is also $99.99

It's what I did when I built, but it's only good for that PC, and that is it. So make sure you get a motherboard you can expand on for many years.

Really, it seems like most people just call microsoft up saying they upgraded their mobo drivers and they need a new cd key. It seems like it is working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom