Will this system build work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0ob1

Solid State Member
I'm currently building a PC for a friend and was wondering if there's going to be any compatibility issues between the components. I've built a couple of pc's in the past and think I've pretty much covered everything. He has a budget of £500 so I'm trying to get the best performance for as little as possible. Let me know what you guys think.

Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz on eBay (end time 15-Oct-10 13:21:39 BST)

RAM - 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 240pin DIMM Memory Module Kit £55.76 - Coastway Computers

Motherboard - ASUS M4A87TD EVO
Motherboards - ASUS SKT-AM3 M4A87TD S/L 5200MT/s @ www.ksn-online.co.uk

PSU - 750w Quiet PSU
Retail Boxed 750w Quiet PSU Power Supply Unit Dual Fans - £22.00 : Internet CT & Computer Technology

Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Green Power 1TB 7200RPM
NEW WD Green 1TB 3.5 SATA Hard Drive 1 TB 64MB Cache on eBay (end time 11-Oct-10 12:56:33 BST)

Optical Drive - SONY OPTIARC DVD+-R/RW/DL/R/LS AD-7241S-0B
Sony AD-7241S-0B 24x Internal DVDRWRAM SATA Black LightScribe: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

TP-Link TL-WN851N Wireless N PCI Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN851N Wireless N PCI Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I already have these and selling them for a reduced price:
Antec 900 Gamers Case - £30
ATI Radeon HD 4870 - £60

He already has everything else such as the monitor and other peripherals. I have a copy of Vista ultimate 64-bit which I'm planning on using as-well. Just a bit worried that I've sacrificed too much quality to get a lower price. Thanks for your help

Thanks for your reply, finding it difficult finding a PSU in the right price range, trying to find a decent one for round about £30. What wattage would you recommend?

deffinatly dont skimp on a power supply. i know it may seem like it does a simple job, but you want to get a good quality name brand powersupply and save your slf the head aches later on.

Ok thanks for your help, I'll go ahead and buy that PSU then doubt I'll find anything better out there

looks much better.

only other thing i can think of is try to find combo deals of these same parts to shave the price down a little bit.

other than that, go for it.

I was doing a bit more searching....... AND

You're going to need a 4 pin to 6pin adapter... seems Corsair skimped on them...

I've just maybe changed my mind :D sorry, 4 pounds more but modular, better for the 900, and has more connectors including 2 pci-e cables.

Antec Basiq Plus 550W Modular Power Supply [] Power Supplies Antec

Or, maybe this coolmaster, though i don't know much on them, but a 5 year warrenty.
Cooler Master GX 550W Power Supply [RS-550-ACAA-E3] Power Supplies

But the Corsair will work too, just need the adaptor and daisy chain your fans....

For the record i was alittle sleepy when i posted the first one and forgot about the 900 and its fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom