Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ati video cards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachedcustoms

Baseband Member
Hi I'm nw to building computer I have built 5 so far for light gaming slash media center

I like asus motherboards 4 pc have this one pc has msi motherboard seagate harddrives
lite on samsung or sony dvd burners cpu mainly amd one pc I biult has inetl chip for power supply loggisys cooler master had good luck with I like ati video cards the fifth pc I built has nvida I like have pci cards i can hook up to hdtv with hdmi

I hope to hear from you soon

bleached

I use the brand that happens to have the best product for needs and budget, that's out at the time. I don't have any particular brand preference, though I am more likely to first look at brands that have done me well in the past.

I have used an Asus mobo for every build i have ever done.

Also XFX video cards

I am still open to mobo brands. I used to have a DFI LanParty (best mobos ever made). I am now running an Asus, my wife is running a Biostar, and my MiL is running an AsRock. :p

I used to be Seagate 110%, but they have faltered with their quality and warranty. I now go with Western Digital Balck drives (five year warranty & super fast).

For graphics cards I like XFX and EVGA due to warranties. I am looking more toward Sparkle and some VisionTek cards for the same reason. I have used Sapphire before and it served me well, as have Gigabyte, MSI, and BFG (R.I.P.) :(.

I think somebody needs to edit the pole with all brands lol.

Like Trotter, i used to be a Lanparty fanboi until DFI decided to quit the desktop consumer business. If im running an Intel rig my choices fall on eVGA or Gigabyte. I like Asus and only consider them if the price to features ratio is higher than either of the previously mentioned companies.
If im building an AMD rig i look at Asus or MSI.
For RAM either G.Skill or Corsair for me. Im running Kingston HyperX right now because i got a super sweet deal on them from Frys.
I used to prefer only XFX cards until i had 5 cards from them in a row just act like complete crap. My old 7950GTs from XFX where amazing and so was my 8800GS but ever since they made the switch to straight ATI their quality and CS has dropped ALOT. So with that being said i prefer nothing but eVGA cards. If the price is right (which on these never will be) id consider Matrix or TOP cards from Asus.
My current PSU was a review sample which is holding out quite well and taking all abuse ive thrown at it. I dont think ill never need another PSU for quite some time but if i was to ever make a new build or simply replace this one id go with a Corsair PSU.
Im not picky on cases....long as the features, price, and aesthetics are all to my liking.
SSDs im not to picky either. It all depends on price and performance at the time of purchase since SSDs are chaning all the time.
Hard Drives i only use for storage purposes in my server. For that i demand the utmost quality and demand nothing but Seagate.

My Official statement is:

Depending upon the use, needs and or budget requirements every manufacturer has a product that is potentially a winner and well worth further evaluation. Send all your products to me :thumbsup:

Those Lanparty mobo's were some nice looking mobos and they were the beast of the overclock.

As far as PSUs, I like Antec and Corsair, as well as FSP. PC Cooling and Seasonic are sweet, but very pricey. Sparkle is good if you can get one.

Processor: Intel
Motherboard: EVGA, Asus, MSI
Graphics card: XFX, EVGA, Asus, MSI, Zotac, PNY
Ram: G-Skill
Powersupply: Corsair or nothing
SSD: Intel, Kingston, Corsair, OCZ
HDD: Seagate or Western Digital
Optic Drive: LG, samsung etc etc ( its pretty hard to ef up a optic drive )

Manufactorers that i avoid: Gigabyte.

Always used MSI for motherboards, Saphire for my graphics cards, and try to use WD or Seagate for my HDD.

Like Trotter, i used to be a Lanparty fanboi until DFI decided to quit the desktop consumer business. If im running an Intel rig my choices fall on eVGA or Gigabyte. I like Asus and only consider them if the price to features ratio is higher than either of the previously mentioned companies

DFI hasn't quit the desktop consumer thing, they still make a lot of boards, newegg just doesn't seem to carry a lot of DFI boards anymore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom